Do you know where your food comes from? Specifically, have you actually met the farmer who produced it? Chances are better than even that you have not, and unless you live in a very rural area, or happen to be a city-dwelling farmers market aficionado- you never will. Your meat and produce will continue to appear at your local grocers magically, and you will buy it, eat it, and likely have very little connection to where it came from.
As we as a society become more conscious about our health and food choices, it's more important than ever that we become increasingly discerning about not only the quality of our food, but also its origins.
In this episode, our guest Anya Fernald takes us deep into the heart of the 'Farm to Table' food movement, by walking us through the fascinating process of how she went from chef to farmer, to restaurateur with her company Belcampo Meat Co.
Anya is not only an inspiring thought leader, and entrepreneur but a bonafide expert when it comes to how to not only produce the healthiest food on the planet, but also how to avoid many of the inhumane and ultimately toxic practices present in our current industrial farming model. You will be shocked to find out some of the dirty trade secrets, and shady food-labeling scams currently used by the mega-farms, and restaurant industry.
This is not only a highly educational episode, but also one of true inspiration for anyone interested in breaking the mold and creating a new business model that makes a positive impact on the world, and all of it's inhabitants - animals included.
Don't forget to share this episode with anyone who loves to eat, and wants to learn how to find the healthiest, and highest quality food available.
To your health,
PART TWO drops this Friday!
This Show is Brought to You By:
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- How Anya started in the restaurant business, and as an entrepreneur
- Tasty, easy-to-do recipes for incorporating organ meats into your diet
- Why pastured animals taste so much better
- Eggs 101: biology, fertilization, longevity, yolk color difference, to refrigerate or not
- The logic behind cravings, and the intelligence of the body
- The great taste of bland foods: using quality products as key to simple recipes
- The math behind feeding animals their native diet, and keeping integrity of the process as organic, certified, non-subsidized farmer
- Wastage issue of consumer meat, and restaurants in general
- Weather and how it influences soil and yields
Tune in for PART TWO this Friday!
SHOP RELATED PRODUCTS
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis: Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #29: The Jingslingers: Hacking Health Food
- Episode #36: Greg Bernett: Praize The Graze - The Bone Broth Revolution
- Episode #52: Breaking The Chains Of Human Domestication, Part One
- Episode #53: Breaking The Chains Of Human Domestication, Part Two
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked, here it is! Customized lifestyle recommendations via phone or Skype with yours truly.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show producer: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith