In this episode, we're keeping it in the family by featuring an in-depth interview with my brother Cody Storey. He's a cutting-edge, next level fitness expert and functional movement coach.
Do you think exercise is good for you? Is the gym your home away from home? Do you judge your level of health and fitness by how you look in the mirror, or by how you feel on a daily basis living in your body?
Cody's breakdown of physical strength, conditioning, and mobility in this episode is going to myth-bust many commonly held beliefs, and probably cause you to seriously re-think how and when you workout. Warning: You might even end up ditching your gym membership, and turning your local park into your fitness playground.
In the rapidly growing paradigm of functional movement training, Cody is one of the leading experts, and during this show, he'll help you build a new relationship with your body and a much deeper understanding of how nature designed it to move.
So get ready to learn by unlearning everything you think you know about working out.
Do me, the show, yourself, and the world a favor by sharing this episode with your favorite gym rat.
To embracing your body's innate wisdom,
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation. Only 5 spots available.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON TODAY'S EPISODE:
- Cody's first float tank experience today
- His early life in sports, and how that led him into becoming a mainstream personal trainer, then eventually into teaching and practicing the advanced-level movement fitness he developed
- What is sustainable fitness training, and why conventional gym workout routines can be harmful to your body over time
- The power of kettlebells and club bells
- Looking good on outside vs. having a fully functional body and control of your nervous system
- What's the difference between flexibility and mobility?
- Joint mobility as foundation of fitness
- The importance of movement complexity: how to avoid negative adaptation & increase positive adaptation
- The dangers of over training beast mode, and why recovery days are so crucial to overall health
- Why moderate duration high-intensity training is more effective and sustainable
- What's the deal with people that are obsessed with cardio to lose weight? Is that a valid method of weight loss?
- What role yoga plays in Cody's training philosophy
- Further mindset recommendations to compliment a regular fitness routine
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Just Float Pasadena
- Float Lab
- A New Earth - Book by Eckhart Tolle
- Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender - Book by David Hawkins
- The Sermon on the Mount: The Key to Success in Life - Book by Emmet Fox
- Episode #41: Katy Bowman: Nutritious Movement: The Anti-Workout
- Episode #55: Travis Brewer: Confessions Of A Ninja Warrior
- Episode #59: Crash Hoefler :The Natural High Of Sensory Deprivation Tanks
- Episode #70: Biohacking Your Mind/Body Connection, Part One
- Episode #71: Biohacking Your Mind/Body Connection, Part Two
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith