If you've heard of 'Paleo' you probably fit into one of three categories:
- You're living it, and loving it
- You've heard of it, but don't fully get what it means other than eating like a caveman
- You're sick of people talking about it, whether you know what it means or not.
In this interview with Dr. Jack Wolfson 'The Paleo Cardiologist,' you will learn everything there is to know about not only the Paleo diet but also the lifestyle and how it pertains to your health.
The unique thing about Dr. Wolfson's take on the topic is that he's a real-deal cardiologist, who bailed on the traditional, Western Medicine approach to cardiac care and is now a full-time proponent of using diet and lifestyle to prevent and treat disease. He's a huge myth buster and does an excellent job of exposing many commonly held, yet erroneous beliefs about health and diet. (Vegans beware)
Enjoy this compelling overview of all things Paleo, and as you do, please do us all a favor and pass it along to a friend who could use some getting back to their roots.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- The story of his father's death, and how that transformed his medical practice
- The problem with our current model of medical care?
- What are a few of the most dangerous pharmaceutical drugs?
- What is Paleo? Turns out its a lifestyle, not a diet.
- So many foods labeled ‘paleo’ would have never been available in ancient times. How can we avoid marketing traps?
- Did ancient people suffer from the diseases we do currently?
- What's up with cholesterol? Why were we taught that eating fat, eggs, and meat gives us high cholesterol, but it turns out that's not entirely true
- Pastured, grass-fed animal products VS. factory farm animals
- Why its important to eat organ meats
- If cholesterol is necessary for health, how can vegans and vegetarians be healthy?
- Is it possible to get all the nutrition your body needs from a vegetarian or vegan diet? What's missing?
- Why dairy is not part of the paleo diet?
- Why seafood is the healthiest food on the planet
- What are the healthiest fats we can eat
- What fats or oils should be avoided like the plague & what oils should never be cooked?
- We’ve been taught that the sun is bad for us. Why is getting full body sun exposure important?
- Why are peanuts bad and not part of a paleo diet?
- The importance of soaking nuts, rather than just eating them raw
- The dangers of gluten and its relation to leaky gut
- A lot of people think it's healthy to eat tons of fruit. Why not?
- Why is refined sugar so bad for us? What are some healthy alternatives?
- Why should we avoid corn and soy products?
- What's the deal with organic food? Is it really that important?
- What is roundup, and how does it hurt you?
- Dry cleaning solvents are super toxic. Is 'organic' dry cleaning safe?
- Sleep and mattress health
- Is it important to use only organic personal care products on your body?
- What are night shade vegetables, and why we should avoid them?
- What's the best bottled water to drink, and why we should avoid tap water
- The truth about alkaline water
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #19: Dr. Justin Marchegiani: Exposing (Dys) Functional Medicine
- Episode #29: The Jingslingers: Hacking Health Food
- Episode #52: Breaking The Chains Of Human Domestication, Part One
- Episode #53: Breaking The Chains Of Human Domestication, Part Two
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked for it, so here it is! Complete lifestyle design coaching sessions with Luke via Skype, phone, or in person in the Los Angeles area.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith