Have you ever wondered why your doctor never asks about your diet, or lifestyle when you walk in with an issue to solve? And why if you have an illness or disease that their approach usually involves giving you drugs, or cutting a part of your body off/out? Have you ever thought about why modern medicine tends to treat the symptoms of a disease, rather than cause?
In this episode, we take a look at the world of functional medicine. In so doing we uncover a slew of myths and erroneous ideas about health and fitness. We're constantly brainwashed with misinformation about our health by mainstream media, which is primarily funded by advertising dollars from the pharmaceutical and (junk) food corporations. You’ll likely be shocked to learn the multitudes of scientifically verified truths about so many of our false, yet commonly-held beliefs about fat, cholesterol, calories, and weight loss that have been perpetuated on our culture by these greedy industries.
Dr. Justin has been worked in the trenches with thousands of clients, helping them to unlearn many of these false assumptions, and to recover their health by addressing the root causes of disease and illness while treating them with dietary and lifestyle changes, coupled with vitamin, and herbal supplementation.
Functional medicine is medicine that works. You’re about to find out how and why.
If you know someone with health issues, please do them a favor by sharing this episode with them, in hopes that they might be inspired to find a doctor who uses this highly effective methodology in their medical practice.
Thanks for listening, and for fighting for truth and justice in our broken medical system.
- What is functional medicine?
- Pharmaceutical drugs: the risk vs reward ratio
- Common stressors and treatment approach: hormones, fatigue, brain fog, fertility, hidden inflammation & infection
- Brain function and mental energy
- Coffee and adrenal function: understanding the good and bad
- Fats and ketones
- CoQ10 and PQQ explained; key for energy function
- Getting rich sources of magnesium: yes, chocolate!
- Cholesterol and why the numbers are worthless when not given context
- Demystifying the artery-clogging myth of fats
- A crash course on Cholesterol
- Conspiracies around fats & calories, and how eating fats actually helps with weight loss
- Lifestyle recommendations
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Brian Parra