HOW TO SLEEP LIKE THE DEAD
with DR. KIRK PARSLEY
How do you think about sleep? Your favorite part of life? A necessary evil? A waste of precious time? Is it easy for you, or do you find it difficult? Or perhaps you haven't thought about it at all? Maybe it’s just an activity that’s part of your everyday routine, and it holds little value or meaning to you. If the latter be the case, keep on reading. As a matter of fact, keep on reading no matter what the case is. Your body, and more importantly your brain, need high-quality sleep to function optimally.
If you follow medical, or health & wellness trends at all, you might have noticed that the topic of sleep is getting a lot of attention over the past couple years. This is not only by design but also by necessity. We’re quickly learning that as our species is faced with more and more environmental, and social stressors that our need for sleep is becoming increasingly paramount. The quality and quantity of your sleep is perhaps the single most important element of a healthy lifestyle practice, along with diet and exercise.
In this episode, we look very specifically and thoroughly at every aspect of sleep, and most importantly - how to improve yours! The goal of this show is to change not only the way we sleep but the way we look at sleep. It should be considered a necessary daily practice, if not an art form, or even a beloved hobby.
This is a fact-filled interview with one of the world’s leading experts on the subject. I strongly recommend that you give this one a listen, or perhaps a couple listens, and incrementally apply each tool to your personal sleep practice.
Since sleep is something we all need to improve, please take a second to forward this episode to someone you know. Think of how much different the world could be if we weren’t all so terribly sleep deprived.
Thanks for counting sheep with me.
This Show is Brought to You by
JUSTHEALTHYSLEEP.COM. SAMINA SLEEP SYSTEMS ARE DESIGNED TO INCORPORATE EVERY ASPECT OF HEALTHY SLEEP. IT'S A SYSTEM COMPRISED OF LAYERS THAT MIMIC AND SUPPORT THE 4 MAIN LAYERS OF THE HUMAN BODY. WITH UNRIVALED BACK SUPPORT, MOISTURE AND TEMPERATURE REGULATION, 100% NON-TOXIC MATERIALS AND A GROUNDING SYSTEM, SAMINA BEDS ARE THE BEST YOU'LL FIND TODAY.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- From navy seal, to medical training, to sleep guru - introducing Dr. Parsley
- How his practice and health venture took off
- Sleep drugs: what are dangers of using drugs vs. natural supplementation
- What sleep drugs do to your brain
- Biggest interruptors of quality sleep, can you guess?
- Foods that are supportive of good sleep and some of the villains
- Sympathetic vs. parasympathetic nervous system explained
- Bonding, sex, orgasm: bedtime rituals with your partner for improved sleep
- Sleep supplementation: melatonin, gaba, vitamin D
- Understanding the effects of melatonin and how to use it wisely
- Lifestyle Recommendations
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #4: Evan Brand: The Zen of Stress
- Episode #5: Emily Fletcher: Meditation Made Easy
- Episode #15: Ben Greenfield: Biohacking the Ultimate Home
- Episode #26: Dave Asprey: Becoming Bulletproof
- Episode #27: Ryan Munsey: Becoming A Civilized Beast
- Episode #30: Owning Your Brain With Neurofeedback
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith