MEDITATION MADE EASY
with EMILY FLETCHER
Have you ever decided to take up meditation, then after a few days, weeks, or perhaps even minutes- gotten frustrated and given up? Maybe you thought you just weren't the spiritual type? If so, you’re likely to be pleasantly surprised by this show.
Today’s guest is Emily Fletcher, founder of Ziva Meditation and one of the world’s leading experts on the subject. But what makes Emily unique is the style of meditation she teaches. It’s called Vedic Meditation, and it's been an absolute game changer for me personally. I’ve been meditating for around 15 years and have tried just about every tradition I’ve come across. I’ve studied with gurus in remote villages in India, only to be guided back eventually to the Vedic method taught my current teacher in Los Angeles.
What makes Emily and the Vedic tradition so badass though is that it’s incredibly simple. It’s the easiest- yet at the same time- the most effective style of meditation I’ve ever used. In this episode, Emily and I discuss the how and why of meditation, and illuminate many of the reasons that most people fail and give up fairly quickly when attempting to add this obviously beneficial practice to their lives.
The rewards of meditation have been known and celebrated by millions of human beings for as far back as written records go, yet it remains so elusive to so many. Take a trip with me and Emily to find out why.
Share this show with someone you love, and thanks for sharing this journey with me.
Today's show is brought to you by
Living Libations. Offering an exquisite line of serums, elixirs and essentials oils for those seeking the purest of the pure botanical health and beauty products on the planet.
- Emily’s unfolding into meditation
- Meditation as a business: virtual ashram, householder style of meditation & monetary investment in your practice
- Mind, thoughts & meditation: it's not about inducing your mind into quiet
- Mindfulness meditation vs Vedic meditation
- Mantras explained and how to use them to induce a restful state of consciousness and relaxation
- Hardware vs software: having a visceral experience is essential for relieving accumulated stresses from the body
- Meditation as a stress reducing tool for PTSD, addictions and the “acquisitive” syndrome
- Spiritual fulfilment and having a meaningful life
- The Paradox Process and its integral influence in Emily's awakening
- Gurudakshina - Refers to the tradition of repaying one's teacher or guru or spiritual guide after a period of study or the completion of formal education ~Wikipedia
- Vedas - Large body of texts originating in ancient India ~Wikipedia
- Mantra - Means a sacred utterance sound, or a syllable, word, or group of words believed by practitioners to have psychological and spiritual power in Sanskrit ~Wikipedia
- Cymatics - The science of sound ~Wikipedia
- The Hidden Messages of Water - Book by Masaru Emoto
- The Paradox Process - By Thomas Jones
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Steve Campen