THE ZEN OF STRESS
with EVAN BRAND
What are the hidden causes of stress and anxiety, and what can we do about them naturally? That's what we find out in this episode with Evan Brand, host of the super-popular Not Just Paleo Podcast. He’s got over 2 million downloads on his show, and with good reason. (About 50 of them were downloaded by yours truly) Evan is one of the most relatable health experts on the scene, and his simple, common sense approach to health is so refreshing and easy to apply.
Do you get moody or depressed for no logical reason? Do you spend money on vitamins and supplements without ever having your labs done to see what your body actually needs? Did you know that simple changes to your diet and lifestyle could permanently cure many mental and emotional issues? It turns out your gut biome has a lot more to do with your mood than most people think. Hidden toxins and heavy metals can also reek havoc on your vibes, but it’s usually a waste of time (and cash) to play the guessing game trying figure out how to correct deficiencies and effectively detox. This is where Evan comes in.
During the show, he breaks us off some very practical solutions to some quite complex human issues. I suffered from severe depression and mood disorders myself for many years (and solved them using many of the natural solutions offered in this interview), so this show is one that really hit home for me.
It’s my hope that it does the same for you.
Please pass it along to someone you love.
PS. You can view today's show on YouTube.
Today's show is brought to you by
Foursigmatic.com. Mushrooms, the original super food. melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without the jitters. sounds like all the good stuff you want? give it up to the incredibly medicinal fungi kingdom!
- Evan’s own journey to health and healing
- Finding his call and the influencers
- Evan’s consultation, protocol, talking labs
- First brain fuel, then spiritual component
- Anxiety and neurotransmitters supplementation
- Matcha, coffee, green tea, threonine, collagen
- Supplementation of Smart Drugs: Gaba, Tryptophan, Phenibut
- Ambien and pharmaceuticals
- Mood & anti-depressants solutions: adrenals & blood sugar stability, light spectrum & sun exposure, high quality fats, physical touch/hugs/love & oxytocin
- Neuropathways, brain chemicals, pleasure & gratitude
- Nature connection: essential for an integrated life
- Forest bathing therapy
- Peak experiences: we all should feel them!
- Tryptophan - Metabolic precursor to serotonin, promotes healthy sleep
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin B-12
- Gaba - Calming effect for anxiety
- Matcha tea - Green tea, jitter-free energy
- L-Theanine - Supporting a calm mood while at the same time enhancing a sense of clarity and focus
- Bulletproof coffe - Grown at high altitude and carefully processed to minimize mold toxins
- 23&me - DNA Genetic Testing & Analysis
- Collagen Protein - For enhanced immune function
- Phenibut - Amino acid related to GABA, supports relaxation, restful sleep, and positive mood.
- Modafinil - Performance-enhancing smart drug
- Forest bathing therapy - PubMed
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis - Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #6: Nadine Artemis - The Great Sunshine Swindle
- Episode #9: Dr. Kelly Bender - Confessions of a Vitamin Junkie
- Episode #16: Claus Pummer - Sleep: The Smartest Smart Drug
- Episode #19: Dr. Justin Marchegiani: Exposing (Dys) Functional Medicine
- Episode #21: Shannon Drake: Spirit Drugs and Lipsticks
- Episode #24: Dr. Raleigh Duncan: Some Like It Hot - The Sweet Heat Of Infrared Saunas
- Episode #26: Dave Asprey: Becoming Bulletproof
- Episode #27: Ryan Munsey: Becoming A Civilized Beast
- Episode #28: Timo Ahopelto: Mastering Jet Lag
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Steve Campen