THE NEW AGE OF ANCIENT WISDOM, PART TWO
with GURU JAGAT
Welcome to the new age of ancient wisdom. We in the west are currently smack dab in the middle of a collective spiritual awakening. Or as our esteemed guest, Guru Jagat affectionately calls it in this episode- the new new age. Whatever you call it, it’s clear that there is a hopeful surge of interest in the area of personal development via spiritual practices. People young and old find themselves looking to the spiritual teachers and traditions of the past to help make sense of the present, and to light a path to a future that carries meaning, and hope. Yoga seems to be everywhere. And it's not just in the crunchy, granola capitals like LA and San Francisco anymore. It’s hit middle America like a waft of curry carried by the winds of change. You might even catch a juiced-up meathead in a yoga class at the gym these days for reasons other than the fact that that’s where you’ll likely find the highest concentration of Lulu Lemon-clad booties doing downward dogs. They are there for the same reason Wall Street brokers use meditation to manage stress: They know there is more to life than the tangible, material plane of reality. And they want to experience it. Young hipsters show off their mindfulness practice poses on Instagram. Native American dream catchers and healing crystals adorn the dashboards of today's’ latest breed of Prius driving spirit seekers. A new language has even emerged on the scene. Terminology like ‘Holding space,' ‘Namaste’ and ‘Balancing your chakras’ have become language you overhear while standing in line at the bank. But what does all this mean, and how can we discern the true from the false? The passing fads from the timeless, universal truths? Can we still live a ‘normal’ life while pursuing a deeper, metaphysical state of being?
In this two-part episode with Kundalini Yoga teacher and thought-leader Guru Jagat, we take a very practical, if not irreverent view of the current state of affairs of modern spirituality as seen through the lens of ancient yogic tradition and practice. In it, you will not only learn about the lineage of yoga she practices and teaches, but also how she has managed to create a small empire based on these principles, and how she continues to inspire the current, and incoming generation to find the sometimes hidden, deeper meaning in life.
Be the change you want to see in the world by sharing this show with someone who shares your curiosity of the unknown.
This Show is Brought to You by
HEALWITHHEAT.COM. INFRARED SAUNAS HAVE BEEN A PART OF MY LIFE FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS. IT'S UNDENIABLY THE BEST WAY TO REDUCE INFLAMMATION, DETOX, BURN CALORIES, TO RELAX AND GET INTO A PARASYMPATHETIC STATE.
THESE UNITS ARE THE ONLY INFRARED SAUNA WITH NO EMF OR ELF EXPOSURE. COMES WITH 100% LIFETIME WARRANTY - WHAT? INCREDIBLE. IF YOU WANT TO PICK MY BRAIN BEFORE PURCHASING, DROP ME A QUICK NOTE HERE. OR IF YOU'RE READY TO DIVE DEEPER AT DESIGNING A LIFE YOU LOVE, LET'S TALK.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- Understanding the matrix and quantifying intelligence
- Spiritual integrity in the modern world
- Contextualizing spirituality and money
- What's the deal with the turbane?
- Spiritual materialism: costumes, beads, fashion & all the accouterments
- What are spiritual names about?
- Vibration of sound and what the word guru represents
- The Kundalini view on human sexuality and the new Aquarian Age mandate
- Lifestyle Recommendations
CONNECT WITH GURU JAGAT
SHOP RELATED PRODUCTS
- Episode #5: Emily Fletcher: Meditation Made Easy
- Episode #10: Eli Block: Orgasmic Meditation
- Episode #12: Tej Khalsa: Kundalini Yoga - God's Technology
- Episode #20: Mas Vidal: Ayurveda and Yoga as a Way of Life
- Episode #23: Rich Roll: Surrender to Win - The Rise Of A Peaceful Warrior
- Episode #31: John Wineland: What Men Crave & What Women Want
- Episode #37: Guru Jagat: The New Age of Ancient Wisdom, Part One
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith