What do Zombies, bikers, and God have in common? Our guest Jeff Kober is a man with that answer. He's a veteran Hollywood actor, who's appeared in dozens of television shows and films (including The Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy), all the while practicing and teaching meditation and Vedic philosophy. He also happens to be my personal spiritual mentor and teacher.
In this truly epic and enlightening episode, Jeff shares his insights on the entire creative process of being an artist, and how to avoid letting the ego rob you of a fulfilling experience of honest self-expression. He describes how he uses his 30 years of meditation practice, and his many pilgrimages to India to not only fuel his success as an actor, but also to manage and guide his entire life.
During these two hour-long episodes, you will learn how to apply deeply esoteric spiritual practices into your daily life, no matter what particular belief system you belong (or don’t belong) to. Jeff has an uncanny ability to translate his vast body of spiritual knowledge and understanding of god into straightforward and relatable terms. It’s pretty awesome.
By the end of this episode, you will quite possibly make peace with the existence of evil here on earth, and find a means by which to recontextualize your subjective and worldly experiences of suffering into valuable lessons. For, after all, most of what we each see and feel each day are merely projections of the mind and ego. Jeff is going to teach us all how we can learn to disidentify with those parts of ourselves that are not real and get grounded in The Ultimate Reality.
Sit back and enjoy the journey from your mind to your heart.
Please pass this show along to someone you know who could use some simple answers to life's most complicated questions.
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
JOOVV. Red light therapy device. Once your body absorbs this light it converts into cellular energy which kicks off a series of metabolic events like the formation of new capillaries, elevated production of collagen and the release of ATP, which is stuff the stuff that gives you shit-tons of energy. It also repairs sun damage and wrinkles, it enhances muscle recovery and peak performance, heals acne and other blemishes, speeds up wound healing, fades scars and stretch marks, and increases testosterone production. Red light therapy has been approved by the FDA, no woo woo here folks.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON TODAY'S EPISODE:
- The story of how he moved to Hollywood to become an actor
- Acting for the art vs. for the ego
- Creativity and bringing your A game to the set: you gotta practice excellence and presence at all times
- What it was like to play such dark roles in walking dead and sons of anarchy while being a spiritual teacher
- The idea that Evil needs to exist for Good to have something to do. Evil is absolutely there to encourage Heroism
- How as a human you need your ego to survive, but when you live through the ego, you are at the mercy of its demands
- Finding the middle path between Mother Theresa and total apathy
- How challenges are a vital component to personal advancement
- The demands of our animal nature, and finding ways to tuning in to the still voice and flow of life that is moving through us
- The challenges of being Humans in the present time, and the responsibility of knowing the truth of ourselves to the greatest extent as possible in order to positively affect the whole of consciousness
PART TWO AIRS FRIDAY 13, Topics Discussed:
- How to avoid building a spiritual ego, and getting caught up in the trappings of being ‘special’ or enlightened
- How he used Black Sabbath’s music to get into a character
- The power jazz and state of creative flow that it embodies
- Psychedelics as a spiritual pursuit vs attaining enlightenment on the natch
- The hidden meaning of Alcoholics Anonymous’ symbolism
- How sex dissolves ego boundaries and is the highest form of connectedness
- What he learned on his many spiritual pilgrimages to India
- Why the Vedic teachings of non-duality are so powerfully transformative
- On his meditation practice discovery & unfolding, and shared wisdoms
- Being at the mercy of our minds, and how it defines our experience of the world
- Having skin in the game: the value of paying for spiritual teachings
- Clearing up the misconception that paying for spiritual teachings is wrong
- How to avoid spiritual bypass, and face the difficult truths about yourself
- What it was like to walk across India with the saint known as Sri M
- As a spiritual teacher how has he avoided ego
- The fact that the key to life is in learning how to be a giver, rather than a taker
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Episode #5: Emily Fletcher: Meditation Made Easy
- Episode #12: Tej Khalsa: Kundalini Yoga - God's Technology
- Episode #20: Mas Vidal: Ayurveda and Yoga as a Way of Life
- Episode #66: Russell Simmons: From Hip Hop Mogul To Yoga Master
- Episode #89: Abbie Galvin: Katonah: The Most Powerful Yoga You’ve Never Heard Of
- Episode #90: JP Sears: I Am Your Guru. How To Be Ultra Spiritual & Humbly Superior
- Episode #93: Desiree Pais: Living On The EdgeOf The New Age
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith