Have you ever tried to make a well-intentioned, commitment to start ‘eating healthy’, yet failed to sustain your new habits because you missed your ‘comfort foods’? Yeah, I get it. I have too. After all, who wants to give up pizza, mac n’ cheese, brownies, ice cream, burritos, and all of the other feel-good foods that remind us of happy times, and give us that primordial pleasure that only ‘bad food’ can give us?
What if there was a way to eat a super clean, totally organic, affordable, sustainable diet that tastes just like the foods we thought we had to give up in order to be healthy?
Thanks to modern food pioneers like The Jingslingers, it’s becoming increasingly possible to do just that!
In this episode, we explore the ‘new food’ paradigm and lay out a very practical blueprint for taking control of your eating habits, without giving up the pleasure of eating.
If you want to be healthy, but don't want to give up the 'pleasures of the palette,' this episode is for you, and for everyone you know who still believes health food has to taste like cardboard. Do them a favor and share this with them right now.
To your health,
This Show is Brought to You by
LIVING LIBATIONS. OFFERING AN EXQUISITE LINE OF SERUMS, ELIXIRS AND ESSENTIALS OILS FOR THOSE SEEKING THE PUREST OF THE PURE BOTANICAL HEALTH AND BEAUTY PRODUCTS ON THE PLANET. I use many of their products and my personal favorite is palo santo poetic pits.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- How Joy & Jay met, and JingSlingers got their start
- Food With Benefits, the book: step-by-step how to eat organic on a budget
- Sugar-free sweeteners
- To peanuts or not to peanuts: what's the answer?
- Sourcing your ingredients, watching your spending, asking the right questions
- Organic is conventional
- Monsanto and glyphosate (roundup)
- Knowledge is you best food
- Grow your own money - plant foods. Tips for urban gardeners
- Soil health and amendments
- "Jing" up your foods
- Kiefer, raw milk and dairy sensitivities
- At the end of the day, you are what you eat
- Indigenous people, genes and honing in your instincts
- Nutritional deficiencies inherent in vegan diets and how to stay safe and healthy
- It goes beyond diet: mindset, spirituality, gratitude, meditation, yoga
- Lifestyle recommendations
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis: Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #4: Evan Brand: The Zen of Stress
- Episode #5: Emily Fletcher: Meditation Made Easy
- Episode #6: Nadine Artemis: The Great Sunshine Swindle
- Episode #8: Tero Isokauppila: The Magic of Mushrooms
- Episode #15: Ben Greenfield: Biohacking the Ultimate Home
- Episode #16: Claus Pummer: Sleep, The Smartest Drug?
- Episode #18: Andy Hnilo: How To Love The Skin You Live In
- Episode #22: David Wolfe: A Gypsy is Born: The Mystical Life of a Health Guru
- Episode #23: Rich Roll: Surrender to Win - The Rise Of A Peaceful Warrior
- Episode #26: Dave Asprey: Becoming Bulletproof
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith