Have you attempted marriage and failed? Are you so afraid that it won't work out, that you avoid it? Or perhaps you're in a marriage right now and are finding it difficult to keep it together, or you're one of the lucky few couples who are married and loving it. No matter what your status or position on this aspect of human life, it's safe to say that at some point each of us has faced issues in this area and if we have not, we no doubt will at some point.
In this episode, author Jo Piazza shares the extraordinary story of how she met her husband, then three months later married him, and spent their first year together traveling the world over, studying happily married couples to find out exactly what they did to stay that way. Not only were the circumstances of her marriage unique, but also the way she and her husband have approached the entire experience as a couple. Their formula was this: Work on strengthening the relationship before it goes south, rather than teetering along until it starts falling apart, then trying to piece it back together.
This two-part interview is rich with actionable, practical tools that any couple can implement right away to fortify (or save) their partnership, married or not.
Do yourself and the world a favor by sharing this episode with a couple you know, in hopes that it might help enrich their relationship.
To the pursuit of love and fulfillment,
PS. PART TWO drops this Friday!
PPS. I gave birth to a new baby, check it out! THE MASTER MARKET. My online store. Well, it's not really a store, it's more like a hub where you can find my favorite recommendations to all the products I love and talk about on the shows. And as you know me, I'm all about discount hook ups so keep an eye out for those coupon codes. Lastly, make sure to bookmark and visit this section often as I plan on making frequent product updates as I make new discoveries.
This Show is Brought to You By:
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- Meeting a guy in the Galapagos Islands and marrying him three months later
- The 1st year of her marriage spent traveling around the world exploring what marriage means to people in different cultures
- Creating a healthy marriage from the beginning, rather than fixing it once it goes downhill
- The daunting role of being a wife, and some of the challenges Jo and Nick faced as a couple
- It wasn't love at first sight
- Long distance relationship and the importance of not only communicating, but how
- "Wet cement year", what does it mean?
- How do you balance the lifestyle differences early on and make sure hobbies align?
- The make it or break it topics to discuss early on: morals, values, money, children and how to raise them, parents care-taking, living in the city vs. suburbs
- The customs she found in different countries, and what's up with arranged marriage in India?
- Child rearing model of African communities vs. the Western way
Reminder that PART TWO drops this Friday. We dive deeper into cultural differences, monogamy, polygamy, boundaries and communication tools.
- Episode #13: Dr. John Gray: Making Peace in the War of Love
- Episode #17: Dr. Pat Allen: Failure of Feminism?
- Episode #31: John Wineland: What Men Crave & What Women Want
- Episode #39: John Gray:The Master Key To Enlightened Sex
- Episode #46: Robin Berzin: Prevention Vs. Cure: What Your Doctor Won’t Tell You
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked, here it is! Customized lifestyle recommendations via phone or Skype with yours truly.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show producer: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith