What if everything you thought you knew about fitness was wrong? Imagine if much of the effort you've exerted in the gym over the years turned out to be a waste of time? Have you ever been disappointed by your muscle gain or fat loss efforts? Or perhaps you've ignored the issue altogether because you didn't identify with the bodybuilding jocks and meatheads who seem to make up the majority of gym culture.
No matter what your level of knowledge, experience, or even interest in the world of fitness is, our guests Sal Di Stefano and Adam Schafer from the mega-hit podcast MindPump and are here on the show to deliver the most epic, myth-busting interview ever. They've spent their entire adult lives relentlessly researching and testing every workout and fitness supplement on the planet, and have determined what's effective, safe, dangerous, and in some cases downright BS, and during this interview, they pull no punches when it comes to delivering the raw, uncut truth.
With the availability of so much misinformation and continuously evolving scientific research, you owe it to yourself to listen to this cutting-edge report on the current state of affairs in the world of fitness. By the end of this marathon double episode, you'll not only gain a broad understanding or your body, and what forms of exercise best serve it, but you'll also likely laugh your ass off- which also happens to be excellent for your health.
Welcome to the wild world of MindPump. Time to get swoll.
PS: Hey, do me a huge favor? Please leave a rating and review in iTunes. Apple has now made it super easy finally! Just load The Life Stylist podcast in the Apple podcast app on your phone, scroll down, and click the 5th star, then write a quick review. What will only take you 30 seconds, will take the show to the next level!
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS PART ONE EPISODE:
- How their body image insecurities as young men motivated their start with bodybuilding, and the maturing process into fitness health and wellness
- When it comes to body building, where does vanity and ego end, and challenging yourself begin?
- The most common weight loss myths, how carbs spike your blood sugar, and why that might not be awesome
- How food makes you feel, and how many people think they feel good until they know what great feels like
- The fact that its a good idea to eat differently throughout the year, and not maintain the same weight year round
- The disproportional amount of eating disorders in the body building world
- What are the Blue Zones, and why do those people who live there get to be 100 and above
- How to do the least amount of workout that will illicit the most amount of change, and how soreness does not translate into good workout
- Ice baths: is inflammation good or bad for bodybuilding?
- The benefits of stressing the body with extreme temperatures
- Overworking out: how much is too much?
- Does sexual abstinence help or hurt performance?
- To ejaculate or to not ejaculate? We have a discussion purely based on physical performance goals
Stay tuned for Part Two this Friday!
Some of the topics covered:
- The decline of testosterone over the last 4 generations of men, and the #1 most ignored secret in raising it
- How functional medicine and bio-identical hormones can improve athletic performance
- What about Steroids, HGH, L-Glutamine, Creatine, DHEA, Amino Acids... are you wasting your money on all of these supplements?
- What are the best apps for tracking your health and fitness?
- Workout hack: BFR (Blood Flow Restriction) and the risks + benefits involved
- The effectiveness of machines vs. free weights
- The importance of your Range of Motion, and how to do an in home assessment
- Fat shaming vs. fit shaming
- Why its crucial to not confuse your body image with your self image
- Lifestyle recommendation
- Episode #15: Ben Greenfield: Biohacking the Ultimate Home
- Episode #27: Ryan Munsey: Becoming A Civilized Beast
- Episode #41: Katy Bowman: Nutritious Movement: The Anti-Workout
- Episode #70: Biohacking Your Mind/Body Connection, Part One
- Episode #71: Biohacking Your Mind/Body Connection, Part Two
- Episode #83: Cody Storey: Functional Fitness - Unlock Your Body's Potential
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith