Sex, love, and intimacy - The great mysteries of life. Our guest Neil Strauss is a seven-time New York Times best-selling author and has spent the better part of ten years devoting his life (and writing) to learning the ins and outs of romantic relationships, and how to make them work. From his days as a pickup artist in his book The Game to his recent awakening to the merits of true love, kids, and marriage in The Truth, Neil has committed himself to the study and practice of relationships with a tenacity few others have.
In this episode, you'll learn the secrets to identifying dysfunctional relationships, codependency, sex addiction, and every other form of romantic pathology, and how to avoid them.
Whether you're happily married, single, or on the hunt for romance, this episode will no doubt prove to be a powerful catalyst of truth and self-realization, as Neil and I take a very real and raw analysis of ourselves for the benefit of the audience, and anyone they might love.
May you find peace, companionship, and fulfillment in your current, or future affairs of the heart. Share this episode with a friend or partner, in hopes that we might all get a little better at this thing called love.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- How Neil's book The Truth changed my life forever
- Becoming emotionally healthy enough to have a fulfilling relationship
- What are the different stages of a romantic relationship?
- Identifying co-dependency, and how to break the cycle
- The curse of emotional enmeshment, and how to trade that for true intimacy
- How to stop pleasing and pathological accommodation
- Taking responsibility over blaming: to overcome your wiring first you gotta understand it
- Behavior vs. belief: understanding what creates lasting change
- Is sex addiction a real thing, and how to tell if you're got it
- The dangers of trauma bonding with a romantic partner
- How our childhood shaped our brain, and as a result the way we behave in relationships
- How to define commitment? Is monogamy possible?
- Lifestyle recommendations
- The Game - Book by Neil
- Rules Of The Game - Book by Neil
- The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships - Book by Neil
- Melody Beattie
- Hoffman Institute
- Episode #10: Eli Block: Orgasmic Meditation
- Episode #12: Tej Khalsa: Kundalini Yoga - God's Technology
- Episode #13: Dr. John Gray: Making Peace in the War of Love
- Episode #17: Dr. Pat Allen: Failure of Feminism?
- Episode #31: John Wineland: What Men Crave & What Women Want
- Episode #39: John Gray:The Master Key To Enlightened Sex
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked for it, so here it is! Complete lifestyle design coaching sessions with Luke via Skype, phone, or in person in the Los Angeles area.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith