BECOMING A CIVILIZED BEAST
with RYAN MUNSEY
What does it mean to be a ‘real man’ in 2016? It used to mean you were big, strong, and gave zero fucks about anyone’s feelings, let alone your own.
Today’s man is quite a bit different. Sure he goes to the gym and lifts heavy stuff. He’s strong. He’s tough. But he also meditates, eats organic food, and is committed to being healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
Our guest Ryan Munsey is a perfect example of the new paradigm of a modern, masculine man. In this episode, we trace his journey from gym rat to health and fitness expert and industry leader.
If you’re a man, this episode is a rich source of life hacks and practical recommendations. If you’re a woman, it hopefully serves as an inspiring example of what is possible when a guy commits himself to personal development and balance.
Do you know someone who needs some coaching to up-level their energy and overall performance? Be a good friend. Share this episode with them.
Thanks for joining me on this never-ending journey of self-discovery.
This Show is Brought to You by
JUSTHEALTHYSLEEP.COM. SAMINA SLEEP SYSTEMS ARE DESIGNED TO INCORPORATE EVERY ASPECT OF HEALTHY SLEEP. IT'S A SYSTEM COMPRISED OF LAYERS THAT MIMIC AND SUPPORT THE 4 MAIN LAYERS OF THE HUMAN BODY. WITH UNRIVALED BACK SUPPORT, MOISTURE AND TEMPERATURE REGULATION, 100% NON-TOXIC MATERIALS AND A GROUNDING SYSTEM, SAMINA BEDS ARE THE BEST YOU'LL FIND TODAY.
- Getting to know Ryan Munsey
- Talking fitness
- Carbs & muscle building: from myth to innovation and dietary beliefs
- Fat: understanding what it means and how it works in the body
- Benefits of healthy fat intake: eat less frequent, low insulin, clear thinking, better physical performance + body composition, consistent energy
- Becoming fat adapted as a vegan
- Nutrient deficiencies, smart supplementation and magnesium
- Natural Stack's integrity and label transparency
- Soil health and why you need to supplement
- Vitamin D3
- Serotonin, gut bacteria, prebiotics and improved sleep
- Ryan's lifestyle recommendations
- Longevity and the test of time
- Mark Sisson On Becoming A Fat-Burning Beast - Ryan's interview with Mark
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis: Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #4: Evan Brand: The Zen of Stress
- Episode #15: Ben Greenfield: Biohacking the Ultimate Home
- Episode #16: Claus Pummer: Sleep, The Smartest Drug?
- Episode #22: David Wolfe: A Gypsy is Born: The Mystical Life of a Health Guru
- Episode #23: Rich Roll: Surrender to Win - The Rise Of A Peaceful Warrior
- Episode #24: Dr. Raleigh Duncan: Some Like It Hot - The Sweet Heat Of Infrared
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith