“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” claimed the late Hippocrates, the Greek founder of medicine who is widely regarded as the greatest physician of his time.
But what did he mean? Food is medicine? I thought it was just… well… food. As for medicine? It's that bitter stuff you get at the drugstore, that you pray works but rarely does.
As the Jingslingers teach us in this episode, there are two types of medicine on the planet- nature-made medicine, and human-made medicine.
Nature-made medicine is food. Human-made medicine is pharmaceutical drugs. Based on that logic, the old saying 'you can pay the farmer now, or pay the doctor later' rings so true.
But alas, not all food is created equal. In fact, most of the GMO, non-organic, processed food we eat today is not actually food by the time it reaches our plates. If we even eat it on a plate. And what about all the people who get their sustenance from a drive-through window, and eat out of white paper bags?
Our second-time guests The Jingslingers would rather you pay the farmer, and use food a the powerful healing tool that nature designed it to be. They know all about the miraculous power of 'real' food. They have spent years traveling the world, teaching their healing (and delicious) culinary practices to celebrities, ordinary folks, and to anyone in need of a health miracle.
In this double-episode, we learn about the most powerful superfoods in the world, how to make them taste like the delicious comfort foods you grew up on, and specifically what foods you want to avoid if health and longevity are your goals.
Share this episode with the foodie in your life. It might just be the best medicine you can give them.
May you waltz into old age with the playful grace of your youth,
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation. Only 5 spots available.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
Catch PART ONE here if you missed it
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON TODAY'S (PART TWO) EPISODE:
- What is the healthiest cookware to use in your kitchen
- What are the healthiest eggs in the market and why you should not eat the whites
- How to stay super hydrated using one of my #1 hydration supplements
- Herbs and superfoods that give you more energy, improve your sex drive, your sleep, and promote weight loss, brain function, cognition
- The importance of detoxing and how to do it safely
- The importance of food-combining and chewing your food well
- Recommended enzymes to aid digestion
- Treat depression and anxiety naturally
- Lifestyle recommendations
PART ONE EPISODE:
- The new exciting move to North Carolina and their water stone retreat
- Have you heard dowsers? How they are tapping for spring water on their new property
- What are some of the most dangerous foods that people think are healthy - Myth-busting tons of so called "health foods"
- How to avoid GMO foods and why - An extended chat about corn
- The importance of breastfeeding and why mothers shouldn't be ashamed of doing it
- What is healthiest baby formula alternative out in the market?
- How to grow your own herb garden to produce the most nutrient-dense food for yourself
- Why microwaves are toxic and you should never use them to cook
- How to protect yourself from harmful EMFs while living in the City
- How to harvest your own spring water - Youtube video
- Jacksons Hones Blue Corn Chips
- Desertfarms.com - Camel milk
- VitaClay Cookware
- Dr. Max Gerson
- Dave Asprey Podcast
- Wim Hof
- Dr. Jack Kruse
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis: Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #25: Emil Detoffol: EMF - The High Price Of Technology
- Episode #29: The Jingslingers: Hacking Health Food
- Episode #50: Jason Wrobel: Confessions Of A Celebrity Vegan Chef, Part One
- Episode #51: Jason Wrobel: Confessions Of A Celebrity Vegan Chef, Part Two
- Episode #77: The Jingslingers: Let Food Be Thy Medicine, Part One
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith