I'm a guest with Jordan at The Balanced Blond Podcast. We talk about my lifelong relationship with wellness, hitting rock bottom, how spirituality helped get my mind right, wellness trends, a balanced approach to detoxing, the Bulletproof Diet, and much more.
Had a great chat with James Swanwick on various topics ranging from addiction, to health, the power of negative emotions and positive thinking. Below is the show breakdown in James' own words:
- Everyone has baggage. Everyone feels negative emotions. It is learning how to deal with these negative emotions that is crucial to every individual’s life.
- Things from your childhood are oppressive on your current state! Learn what is holding you back, and try to fix it.
- We all have different circumstances that have caused negative things to overtake us in our adulthood.
- Luke Storey shares the story of his struggle in young adulthood when he constantly struggled with drugs and alcohol abuse.
- For ten years, Storey found himself under the influence every single day.
- He realized he could not kick the drug habit with his own willpower alone, so he finally attended rehab where he became sober.
- Being up in your head, and living in the future will create emotions within you that will create negatives and rumination within you.
- Principles of health and spirituality will ultimately help you build the life that you want.
- Luke went from being destructive and negative to a person who radiates mindfulness, and positivity.
- Tips on changing your life from Luke:
First tip: Physical piece. Getting the toxins out of the body. Cleansing, getting on a clean diet. Figuring out what causes your body to thrive.
Second tip: Emotional piece. Power of positive thinking. Resisting complaining about anything or anyone.
Third tip: Spiritual piece. Applying self honesty and humility in all things. Not being defensive, and being honest. Learning to see yourself for who you are.
- Luke Storey has worked extensively to become a better version of himself. The desire to do so is innate, but something he has had to continuously work on. He challenges us all to follow in his footsteps, and find the better us.
Last week I stopped by the studio at Extreme Health Radio to record an interview about health for one hour. It’s one of my favorite shows, so I was excited. Perhaps a little too excited.
What happened was I ended up talking about a lot more than health. Somehow the conversation ended up lasting over two hours and managed to travel into some pretty wild and controversial territory. Trigger territory, to be precise.
In a world of politically correct insanity, I find it refreshing to have an open and exploratory conversation once in a while. Even if it does happen to be shared publicly. In fact, I despise PC policing so much, that lately, I’ve taken great pleasure in bringing up topics that tend to get people a bit freaked out. Well, this was one such occasion.
Some of the various hot topics covered were:
- 9/11 Truth
- Fake moon landings
- Reptilian shape-shifting politicians
- Trump/Hillary drama
- The Mandela Effect
- Drugs and addiction
- Staying spiritual and optimistic in a dark and negative world
- And of course… every health fad and practice I’ve ever tired
This was one of the most fun, and honest interviews I’ve ever done. It feels so good to keep it real, and to be willing to explore some super freaky territory.
Remember, if you’re sensitive to radical issues- you’ve been trigger-warned.
For the open-minded Life Stylist fan, enjoy.
Thanks for taking the time to read my email, and to join me on this cray cray journey we call human life on earth.
Send this email to someone who likes to get weird. Or even someone who needs to get weird :)
Here’s to freedom,
This show is based on addiction recovery. Something I have a tremendous amount of experience with. I was addicted to just about anything and everything one could be addicted to for half of my life. I was one of the lucky few who lived to tell the tale.
That being said, I’ve always felt conflicted about revealing that side of myself, due to a few different factors: Shame and embarrassment being two of them. Fear of being judged, and not being taken seriously in business. Scaring off potential fashion students at my business, School of Style. Turns out, once I did some self-searching I found out that the reasons for keeping this part of my life neatly tucked away were all based in fear. You know what is so ironic about that discovery? Fear is one of the primary motivations for my addiction in the first place! I was terrified to live my life, so I eased the pain by using.
So here I am, on the brink of celebrating 20 years of sobriety and find myself afraid again. If I’ve learned anything in that 20 years, I’ve learned this: fear is not my friend. Fear is not real. Fear is not useful in most situations that don’t involve escaping actual danger. Like getting chased by a lion. Being authentic and vulnerable is not a lion. It just feels like it.
So when Anna asked me to be a guest on her recovery show, I made a decision to do it, knowing that I would likely spill the beans and get into some gory details about my highly checkered past.
And I did. In this interview, I discuss in an intimate manner how I have managed to escape the life of an addict and prosper in so many ways. I also reveal my newest area of personal development: relationships. It seems I still have a lot of work to do in this area, and I’m more than happy to admit it. As the saying goes, “to solve a problem, first you’ve got to admit you have a problem.”
I invite you to join me on this inner journey with Anna, and for god’s sake if you know anyone who has struggled with addiction, please share this episode with them. Forward this email right now. If I can help just one person overcome the challenges that I’ve managed to surmount, it makes all of this terrifying truth-telling worth it.
Thanks for listening.
- Desperation and drinking your own piss
- Some of the first big wins of Luke’s journey to health
- Taking 3 square shits a day
- Mental and emotional Hygiene
- Healing the physical body to prepare the mind for a spiritual awakening
- Are your ailing symptoms physical or non physical?
- How to take food out of the foreground to make change
- Meditation made easy
- The trap of spiritual perfectionism and staring the wolf in the eyes
- Self inflicted shame and how to overcome it
- Balancing dietary habits and health strategy
- It’s ok to love chocolate but don’t condemn vanilla
- Luke’s 2 most inspirational books
- Luke's Favorite album
- Luke's top 3 directives for transforming the self
I'm a guest at my good friend's show: Daniel Vitalis, Rewild Yourself Podcast. We have an in-depth conversation on vulnerability and authenticity in our edited modern world. Always so much fun chatting with Daniel, take a listen.
- Daniel answers your questions on camping sleep positions, sexual mastery, BDSM and ways women can use their femininity to awaken the strong masculine in their man
- Mentorship & the art of giving and receiving advice
- Luke’s new podcast: The Life Stylist
- A peek behind the scenes of the podcasting world
- Interviewing techniques to encourage vulnerable & authentic sharing
- Luke’s wild Colorado upbringing
- Diet ethics and the diet wars
- Thoughts on breatharianism
- Making peace with the werewolf & looking into the shadows
- Spirituality and the ego
- Vulnerability and a lack of authenticity in an edited modern world
Ryan and I covered a lot of ground on sleep biohacks and other great topics such as PRP therapy, hydrotherapy, EMFs, fat burning tips, etc. We geek out on some really cool gadgets, you can find links and references on his blog page here.
Some of the topics discussed:
- Rubbing Elbows With Fashion and Entertainment Celebrities
- Creating the School of Style
- How health is born of necessity
- From Obsessed on Self Destruction to Obsessed as Feeling as Great as I Possibly Can
- How sleeping on a ice blanket improves sleep
- Getting optimized with PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field) Therapy and the Delta Sleeper
- Femur stem cell transplants - and why that therapy might NOT be all we think it is...
- Biohacking with Plasma Therapies
- How to create your own ice machine for ice baths on demand
- Ice baths and their impact on muscle growth - should we use ice baths immediately after training?
- Setting your daily intention
- Inoculating stress and increasing stress resiliency
- Fat burning tips and secrets
- Goal Dependent - The power of asking "WHY AM I DOING THIS?"
- How to design and set up your ultimate biohacker's home
- Where you can find more of Luke Storey
- Luke's Top 3 Tips to #LiveOptimal
I hope you enjoy this chat as much as we did.
Tony and I discuss many biohacking techniques for optimal sleep, as well as general mind & body health.
- Unusual solutions for getting better sleep
- Why electric blankets are way bad for you
- Supplements for more focus
- Why a cold bath might be the best thing you could do for yourself
Hope you enjoy this entertaining chat with my dear friend Tony and I.
Evan Brand, one of my favorite people and esteemed podcaster. It's an honor to be on his show, Not Just Paleo Podcast.
Evan and I talk about lifestyle enhancements, how music and mood go hand-in-hand, and how we can track our progress in our state of consciousness through the music choices we make.
We also talk about my favorite health tools, supplements and therapies for a healthy mood and state of mind, including yoga practices and which type doesn’t actually compromise your hormones.
Dr. Justin Marchegiani interviews Luke Storey who is a bio-hacking celebrity stylist. Luke shares his healing journey story and how he got to where he is now. He talks about lifestyle hacks where he helps people add all of these different practices and elements into their life through a fully integrated system involving sleep, water, cooking/cleaning products and personal effects, the interior of your car and the mattress you sleep on, as well as meditation practice, mindfulness, looking at spiritual principles and so much more. If you’re interested in becoming healthier mentally, physically, spiritually, listen to this podcast.
Luke talks about how changing his diet and how he recovered by getting off of a high carb diet and a high sugar diet and avoiding gluten and soy as well as avoiding things that are inflammatory. Dr. Justin and Luke also discuss in length about the EMF load, the dangers of smart meters, and ideal lighting environments. Discover how mindset helps drive good health choices.
In this episode, topics include:
04:03 Luke Storey’s healing journey
13:10 Diet during recovery
17:25 Coffee enemas and colonics
27:47 Celebrity house invasion/healing/detox
38:40 EMF exposure, smart meters, and lighting environments
So honored to be featured on the Zestology podcast again. Check out the podcast below to hear more about our adventure.
If you could cram as many crazy biohacking techniques for feeling optimal into one day as possible, what would you do?
If you are interested in biohacking and trying out different techniques for mind and body, today's show is for you.
Last week I was in LA, and had the chance to hang out with LifeStylist and biohacker Luke Storey.
Tune in to the podcast to find out how these practices could benefit you.
- Crystal healing mats
- Bulletproof coffee
- Collecting natural spring water
- Extreme heat temperature changes
- Saunas made of clay and himalayan salt
Celebrity and musician stylist Luke Storey believes in the power of fashion that goes beyond making yourself look good. He believes in its ability to help you present yourself in the best way possible to the world. There’s a certain power that comes with looking good and knowing you look good. Luke’s all about helping you harness that power to boost your career and social life. Even if you aren’t a celebrity or rockstar, there are simple things you do to transform your style, and boost your confidence. In this episode, Luke gives incredible style advice that you especially can’t afford to miss, and how to identify style goals that will convey the image you want to have for yourself. Before you go out and start shopping, Luke advises, you’re going to want to know more about your archetype and your body type and how your style should play off of both of those. Want to know more? Listen in for amazing tips on:
- using geometry to create the illusion of the ideal body shape
- why tailoring will make all the difference of the quality of the look
- what fashion faux pas you absolutely need to avoid
- how to know if you have bad style
- why hiring a stylist can be a great investment
- how to find the “magic color” that makes you look amazing
- great brands for all style types with consistently excellent tailoring
- why you shouldn’t focus on the next big trend
Welcome back to part two of my conversation with Luke Storey on setting up a holistic strategy for lifestyle design! Luke has spent the past 18 years developing and refining a robust way of life based on the principles of nature and spirituality, while embracing technology and modern convenience.
In this segment, we focus on our strategies for movement, sleep and meditation! If you missed it, check out part one where we break down our personal strategies and adaptations to modern life using a four elemental structure: Earth, Air, Water, Fire.
- Integrating useful movement into your lifestyle
- Optimizing your sleep routine in urban environments
- Luke’s tactics for falling asleep when not tired
- Pillow-less sleeping
- The discipline of meditation
- Spiritual connection through meditation and entheogens
In this week's podcast, my good friend Luke Storey joins me for an intimate, peer to peer conversation on setting up a holistic strategy for lifestyle design. Luke has spent the past 18 years developing and refining a robust way of life based on the principles of nature and spirituality, while embracing technology and modern convenience.
Luke and I apply many of the same lifestyle principles to our very different lives, and in this rap session, we have an awesome time discussing our personal strategies and adaptations to modern life. We break it all down for you using a four elemental structure: Earth, Air, Water, Fire.
We cover a ton of valuable, actionable information here, and so we’ve split up this episode into two parts. In part one, we get into our strategies on diet, water, air and sunlight. Stay tuned for part two (coming out next week) for our discussion on movement, sleep and meditation!
- Luke & Daniel’s history
- How Luke got started on his health journey
- Avoiding diet extremes — achieving a healthy relationship with your food
- Luke’s home + travel spring water strategy
- Navigating through air pollution
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- Drink water from as pure a source as possible. Not tap.
- Pop some sea salt in your morning glass of water.
- Supplements such as Unfair Advantage may help boost your mitochondria levels.
- It might hurt a bit, but take a cold bath/shower to supercharge your brain and get your circulation moving.
- Be careful where you put your cellphone, (Cellphone cooks eggs!), and don't sleep close to a wifi router.
Easy, everyday tips for vitality
- Align yourself with the natural circadian and solar rhythms of the world by 'sungazing'.
- Put filters on your shower to block out vaporised chemicals from tap water.
- Drink bulletproof coffee.
- Eat more 'good fats' and less sugar.
- Start your day by avoiding social media.
- Look into starting the day with a morning meditation, and allow your mind to settle into a good place.
- Good morning routine means the stress response is more easily handled throughout the day.
- Prioritise your physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.