Have you ever wondered what water is, where it comes from, and why it's so crucial to our survival? Are you aware that your body and brain are mostly water? If we are made primarily of water, then wouldn't it stand to reason that our top health priority should be learning everything we can about this substance, and how to find the best possible source?
When it comes to the water we drink and bathe in, there are thousands of choices, and most of them come with considerable health risks. Tap water is subject to endless sources of toxic contamination, despite the various forms of filtration available, and much of the bottled water on the market comes with challenges of its own - which in most cases puts it in the same lower class of safety as tap water, not to mention limitations of sustainability and adverse environmental impact.
After over a decade of personal research and development, I have chosen almost exclusively to drink genuinely natural, wild, unadulterated spring water. However, in recent months there have been thousands of web articles and television reports about the supposed 'dangers' of people drinking such water.
The vast majority of reports have positioned the practice of drinking unprocessed spring water as a 'new, dangerous trend' as if humans have not managed to survive on the planet for the past two million years drinking it.
In light of much recent fake news propaganda put forth by the mainstream media, I've taken it upon myself to tell the other side of the story about what I believe to be nature's most significant, and mysterious gift to all life on earth. It can be argued, that after oxygen, water is in fact, the root of all life.
When I set out to provide listeners of the show with a comprehensive guide to all things water, my first stop was Daniel Vitalis. Daniel has been one of the most dedicated advocates for natural spring water in the health industry for two decades and has devoted much of his work to preserving and promoting this fundamental, and sacred human right.
Once I got into this interview with Daniel, it quickly became evident that not only would his contribution to the conversation be longer than the usual one hour (this single episode alone clocks in at just over 3 hours), but it would also be necessary to include additional voices within the water industry itself. As a result of the overwhelming contribution of Daniel’s point of view, I decided to dedicate three entire episodes to the topic by creating a comprehensive trilogy, called Water Wars. This episode is the first in a series of three shows on this topic.
You can look forward to two more mind-blowing episodes coming this Friday with Seth Leaf Pruzansky of Tourmaline Springs and Mukhande Singh of Live Spring Water, who each share their unique perspective as founders of the only two US companies that sell genuinely natural, unprocessed spring water.
Please do someone you love a favor by sharing this profoundly impactful podcast with them. Now more than ever, we humans need to claim our divine birthright to drink water as nature intended it.
Now go get hydrated!
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- Daniel and I catch up as he shares his observations from the past 10 years of foraging, his podcast, and the new new direction of his work
- The non-cohesive world of ecology stewardship, and how environmentalists & hunter-gatherers are at odds with each other
- How GMO and glyphosate spraying affects our wild food sources
- Wild vs. Farmed, and why establishments can’t sell game meats
- Fake news and all the false propaganda lately about natural spring water: why is the media attacking it, why is the media so afraid of it?
- Are the big beverage corporations behind the media’s effort to discredit this very natural practice of drinking water from the Earth
- Is water actually alive? Does it have consciousness? What’s this energy we know as water?
- Where does Spring water actually comes from?
- What is raw or living water?
- How filtering water has its pros and cons
- The chemistry behind why water tastes flat
- The hydrological cycle of water, and the difference between well water, aquifer and spring water
- What are the possible dangers of drinking spring water? How to vet the spring
- The FDA lobbying to call tap and well water “spring” water. Turns out that most of the bottled water you drink is not from a spring, it’s never even seen a spring
- The environmental impact of the bottle water industry
- The health impacts of drinking plastic water
- Are some plastic bottles worse than others for you and the environment?
- What is wrong with tap water and can we trust the government that sell it to us?
- Do fracking chemicals, and nuclear waste and fluoride end up in our bodies?
- Pharmaceutical drugs and how they don’t always get filtered out from municipal water
- We focus on fluoride and find that it might not be so great for your teeth and could in fact have deleterious results in your health in general
- What about the risks of showers, baths, steam rooms and hot tubs
- The risk of tap water in bottled drinks: wine, beer, etc
- Daniel’s trip to a water plant, and the shocking discoveries he made there
- What filters work, if any
- Are reverse osmosis and distilled waters toxic?
- Are alkaline water machines legit?
- If you have to drink bottled water, which ones are the best?
- Lifestyle recommendations
- https://livespringwater.com/ - Spring water delivery service for LA area. (Save 27% off first-time water deliveries using code LIFESTYLIST)
- Bloomberg business article: Nestlé Makes Billions Bottling Water It Pays Nearly Nothing For
- bit.ly/2FH4qsH #California #wastewater #Biosludge - California to start recycling sewer water into tap water... and yes, it’s full of insane chemicals
- Young Turks Video
- Edward Bernays - Fluoride
- The Century of Self - BBC Special
- Livespring's 2018 Water Lab Report
- How To Harvest Your Own Spring Water
- Why I Forage Wild Water - Daniel Vitalis #80
- Masaru Emoto
- Viktor Schauberg
- Dr. Gerald Pollack
- Vital Reaction Hydrogen Inhaler (Use code LUKEH2 for 10% off)
- Daniel's IG
- Arthur Haines
- Steven Rinella
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
This Show is Brought to You By:
ORGANIFI. I'm loving Organifi Gold especially for my night time routine. It has turmeric, ginger, reishi, lemon balm, turkey tail and other rad super foods, phytonutrients & pain-soothing herbs. My daily routine lately goes like this: in the morning I add it to my nut milk smoothy. At night when I want to chill out, I make a golden latte. I add the power and a healthy fat like ghee, coconut, or grass-fed butter to hot water and voilá! Great warm elixir, really chills you out, gently detoxifies and tastes awesome. Save 20% off, use coupon code "LIFESTYLIST"
Four Sigmatic. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink. Now featuring a slew of brand new super chronic, super food & herbal blends! Check out the the green coffee bean extract, the brain stack, the sleep stack, the matcha tea with Lion’s Mane, and the new coffee + mushroom infused mixes! Use coupon "thelifestylist" for 15% off
ALTERRA PURE. This show is all about optimizing your lifestyle, and part of that is optimizing your sleep environment. I’m super stoked about the new bedding company Alterra Pure. Insane high quality, truly organic, pesticide-free, non-GMO cotton sheets and bedding. A lot of stuff in the market is actually pretty fake-ass. I’ve done a lot of research into it. Alterra Pure is legit, I’m using them on my bed, they are insanely high quality. What’s also great about this company is that they support the environment, social sustainability and are absolutely transparent. 15% OFF when you use coupon code LIFESTYLIST at checkout
LONGEVITY POWER. Some of the most potent superfoods and herbal extracts in the planet. I've been using their products for over 10 years now. No filler, additives, preservatives, GMOs, solvents, dairy, gluten, and tested for mold, metals and pollutants. Super legit. My favorites: Maca Bliss, Epic Reishi & Goji Joy. Discount code: thelifestylist for 5% off.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- Episode 14: Igor Milevskiy: What’s in Your Water
- Episode 52: Daniel Vitalis: Breaking The Chains Of Human Domestication, Part One
- Episode 130: The Water Wars Trilogy: Unlocking The Mysteries Of Nature’s Greatest Gift, Part Two, Seth Leaf Pruzansky
- Episode 131: The Water Wars Trilogy: Unlocking The Mysteries Of Nature’s Greatest Gift, Part Three, Mukhunde
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith