My spiritual practice and transformative journey has been all about recontextualizing my reality
When you change your perception and step away from “the way things are supposed to be,” you start to understand that they already and always are.
And when you take that line of thought and apply it to our bodies and treating disease… well, things can get pretty crazy from our limited view of the world.
In this episode, I sit down with Chris Chen, a licensed acupuncturist who has spent the last decade studying with Grandmaster Sung Baek, 75th Grandmaster of the Dong Han healing clan, a Korean Taoist tradition stretching back over 2,500 years.
We don’t really know the true origin of these ancient Eastern practices, but like some of the other ancient technologies we’ve discussed on the show, such as Kundalini, it inarguably changes you – they’re powerful and they work. That’s why these technologies manage to stick around long enough to become ancient. (And you should see Chris – something must be working because he looks incredible.)
Honestly, I thought this conversation would be all about acupuncture and what Chinese herbs to take, but we end up exploring a whole lot more:
How were these ancient technologies (or, in some cases, truths) originally discovered? How is food a form of data? How can you surrender to reality and still contribute in a meaningful and positive way? What the hell is Qi Gong and what does it do to you? What’s up with pulse reading?
Sustaining the kinetic energy machine of your body is actually pretty easy when you get down to it – we just over complicate everything with our own thoughts and feelings.
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- Finding and studying with Grandmaster Sung Baek
- The moment Chris dedicated the rest of his life to studying Eastern healing
- The terminal condition called life
- Daoism & naturalism
- The profound lessons that Chris has received from his teacher
- Why your digestive tract is outside of you, exposed to the universe
- The history of acupuncture and nutrition
- The Eastern attitude towards food
- Food as a form of data
- Nature’s perfect design
- The history of acupuncture (and the difference between the sacred medicine and the secular medicine)
- The body-brain connection
- Recontextualizing reality
- How you can surrender to reality & still contribute in a meaningful and positive way
- The philosophy of activism
- When Chris (almost) stopped meditating
- What Qi Gong is and what it does to you
- How pulse diagnosis works
- Work with Chris: EasternScholars.com
- Eastern Scholars on Facebook
- Nevine Michaan & Katonah Yoga
- Paradox Process
- livespringwater.com - Spring water delivery service for LA area. (Save 15% off merchandise & 27% off first-time water deliveries using code LIFESTYLIST)
- Start your own meditation practice at zivameditation.com/online
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink. Now featuring a slew of brand new super chronic, super food & herbal blends! Check out the the green coffee bean extract, the brain stack, the sleep stack, the matcha tea with Lion’s Mane, and the new coffee + mushroom infused mixes! Use coupon "thelifestylist" for 15% off.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheatgrass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff! Save 20%, use discount code "LIFESTYLIST".
LONGEVITY POWER. Some of the most potent superfoods and herbal extracts in the planet. I've been using their products for over 10 years now. No filler, additives, preservatives, GMOs, solvents, dairy, gluten, and tested for mold, metals and pollutants. Super legit. My favorites: Maca Bliss, Epic Reishi & Goji Joy. Discount code: thelifestylist for 5% off.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)