Do you like chocolate? You might not be human if the answer is ‘no.' But perhaps you avoid it because you consider it a ‘candy’ and therefore not good for you. What if legit, high-quality chocolate could be a central part of a truly healthy diet? It turns out that it's not chocolate itself that commonly turns this tasty treat into a junk food, but rather the process by which it is usually commercially grown and manufactured, as well as the inferior ingredients used to create most chocolate products on the market.
This week’s show guest is Sage Dammers, one of the world’s foremost creators of high-quality chocolate products. We not only discuss the incredible health benefits of this delicious superherb, and how he developed an excruciatingly stringent method of production, but also the power of the Three Treasures herbal system, and why he chose to infuse his chocolate products with the most potent Chinese herbs.
In addition to enlightening our listeners to the inside scoop of the amazing health benefits of chocolate and the industry production practices around it, Sage also provides tons of practical tips for designing a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle. From practicing meditation, The Wim Hof Method, infrared saunas, to surfing, this episode delivers an immense amount of insights and inspiration.
If you know a chocolate junkie, do them a favor and send this show to them right now. The world needs to learn to enjoy the glorious, yet simple pleasure of chocolate without guilt, or the hidden detriment to personal health.
To your taste buds,
This Show is Brought to You By:
HumanCharger. Sun In Your Pocket. The ultimate biohacking device to increase energy levels, mood, mental alertness and the effects of jet lag. How? The device shoots white light into your ear canal, which hits the photosensitive areas of your brain and activates the creation of serotonin, dopamine and adrenaline. Basically the chemicals that your brain makes to keep you feeling awake and refreshed.
FOURSIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! FourSigmatic highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- Intro to high-quality chocolate
- Neurofeedback and how it uptrains and downtrains different parts of the brain
- Potency of ingredients and labeling scams
- Sage's formative years around the spiritual scene, his living room as ashram, guru stories and keeping it real
- Wellness center, lifestyle, diet, healing modalities
- Infrared sauna facts & health benefits
- Addictive Wellness: the birth of sugar-free chocolate
- Chocolate as a great delivery system, highest source of antioxidant & highest natural source of minerals
- From fruit to powder: the process explained, fermentation & bacteria mix
- Mycotoxis: mold is not the problem, it's their poop!
- Prebiotic vs. probiotics, gut health & compromised immune systems
- The different types of cacao plant hybrids & heirlooms
- Three Treasures herbal system: understanding the 3 energies
- Depletion of Jing and how to restore it
- Herbs and tonics for building up Shen & Qi energies
- Wim Hof Method, breathing and ice baths
- Genome testing and DNA markers
- Surfing as the ultimate lifestyle and metaphor to living
- Lifestyle recommendations
BONUS: Sage is hooking you guys up with a 10% discount on your purchase at AddictiveWellness.com. Use coupon code: LIFESTYLIST.
CONNECT WITH SAGE
SHOP RELATED PRODUCTS
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis: Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #4: Evan Brand: The Zen of Stress
- Episode #6: Nadine Artemis: The Great Sunshine Swindle
- Episode #13: Dr. John Gray: Making Peace in the War of Love
- Episode #22: David Wolfe: A Gypsy is Born: The Mystical Life of a Health Guru
- Episode #26: Dave Asprey: Becoming Bulletproof
- Episode #29: The Jingslingers: Hacking Health Food
- Episode #34: Shiva Rose: Beyond Organic: The New Breed Of Beauty
- Episode #39: John Gray:The Master Key To Enlightened Sex
- Episode #41: Katy Bowman: Nutritious Movement: The Anti-Workout
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked, here it is! Customized lifestyle recommendations via phone or Skype with yours truly.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith