KUNDALINI YOGA: GOD'S TECHNOLOGY
with TEJ KAUR KHALSA
Do you think yoga is just a form of exercise? A way to get more flexible so that you can show off your awesome pretzel poses on Instagram and win the approval of your peers or potential mate? What if that’s not the point of yoga at all? What if yoga is in actuality a powerful tool for spiritual enlightenment- a way to escape the limiting clutches of our human ego? How can chanting mantras, breathing in strange patterns, and moving your body in various geometric shapes change your consciousness? Is this a bunch of woo-woo, new age bollocks or can yoga put us in touch with who and what we truly are, beyond our basic instinctual drives, and limited intellect? Can we tap into the infinitely vast power and intelligence of creation to help us with our day to day life lessons here on the human level?
The answer, fortunately, is affirmative. Based on my subjective experience with Kundalini Yoga over the past five years, I’m happy to report that my mind, body, and spirit have been (and continue to be) enriched far beyond anything I have experienced in over 15 years of various forms of yoga practice, from LA to India. In this exclusive interview with my teacher Tej Kaur Khalsa, we take an in-depth look at this ancient spiritual technology with one of the world's foremost experts on- and devotees of- this wonderfully powerful tool of transformation.
This episode was one of the most meaningful to me personally, and I trust that it will deliver the same joy and insight to you, the listener.
Thank you for sharing this journey with me, and please do someone you love a favor by sharing it with them.
Blessings to you and yours,
This Show is Brought to You by
FOUNTAINOFTRUTHSPRINGWATER.COM. FRESH RAW SPRING WATER COLLECTED DIRECTLY AT THE SPRING HEAD, BOTTLED INTO GLASS, AND PROMPTLY TRANSPORTED IN CHILLED CONTAINERS, DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR.
- Tej's background from childhood to spiritual discovery: from trance, to drugs, meditation and yoga
- Kundalini Yoga: the history and Yogi Bhajan
- Kriyās, mantras and exercises
- Akashic records and the value of the spoken words and emotions you express in the world
- Women are the holders of the energy, men are moldable
- The knowledge that wants to download through us: enter Kundalini
- Yugas, the timeframes, yoga creation and the Kriyās
- Transition from the Dark age to the Golden age: the predictions and people's behavior: guns, shooting and betrayal
- Kundalini as a tool to activate the sacred force: meditation, connection to the teacher and transference
- Following the teachings, not the teacher
- Avoid the ego pitfall: stay humble through the spiritual process
- The spiritual power and influence of Gurus, and your own inner guidance The intuitive knowing inside of you
- Gurus and devotion
- Why the turbane: opening the 10th gate and containing the energy
- The use of white clothing: radiance and auric field
- Sikhism and Kundalini Yoga
- The mystery of mantra, movement, breathing and the effects on the mind and emotions
- Bringing consciousness to people by just "being" and tuning your auric field
- The dark nights of the soul and walking the tight rope of the spiritual path
- Being a teacher and juggling the ethers and earth at the same time
- Daily link to meditation, a must.
TEJ'S LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
CONNECT WITH TEJ
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Brian Parra