MASTERING JET LAG
with TIMO AHOPELTO
Do you love to travel? Of course you do. Who doesn’t right? But can you honestly say you love to fly? Me either. In fact, I can safely say that there is nothing in life that makes me feel worse than air travel. What's the deal? Why does it seem to throw us off so badly? Some call it jet lag. The thing is, it’s more than jet lag. Jet lag just means you cheated some time zones. What I’m talking about is the cumulative effect of taking your fragile little human body and hurling it through space at 550 miles per hour at 35k feet above sea level. To call flying ‘unnatural’ is a gross understatement. It’s likely the single most alien activity of modern human life, and why it’s harmful to us, on so many levels.
In this hyper-focused episode, we discuss in detail everything about flying that could be damaging to our bodies and explore the various biohacks (natural and otherwise) that might be applied to reduce the adverse effects of air travel.
My hope is that as we bring more awareness to health issues like this, more innovation will be encouraged, and solutions brought forth that will allow us to continue using such powerful technology, without compromising our own well-being as much in the process.
Be sure to share this show with anyone you know who loves to travel but hates to fly.
To your trips, in the air or otherwise.
This Show is Brought to You by
HEALWITHHEAT.COM. INFRARED SAUNAS HAVE BEEN A PART OF MY LIFE FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS. IT'S UNDENIABLY THE BEST WAY TO REDUCE INFLAMMATION, DETOX, BURN CALORIES, TO RELAX AND GET INTO A PARASYMPATHETIC STATE.
THESE USNITS ARE THE ONLY INFRARED SAUNA WITH NO EMF OR ELF EXPOSURE. COMES WITH 100% LIFETIME WARRANTY - WHAT? INCREDIBLE. IF YOU WANT TO PICK MY BRAIN BEFORE PURCHASING, DROP ME A QUICK NOTE HERE. OR IF YOU'RE READY TO DIVE DEEPER AT DESIGNING A LIFE YOU LOVE, LET'S TALK.
- Welcoming Timo to the show: my Finnish connection
- Sun exposure, seasonal mood disorders, circadian rhythm and how light affects health and life quality
- Timo's start up in health tech as an investor
- Valkee, the Human Charger: what it is and how it works to alleviate travel jet lag
- The science behind how the brain tissue assimilates light via the ear canal
- Light, incandescent bulbs, full spectrum bulbs, blue light, amber light, melatonin production
- Winter months, quality of sleep, and the negative effects to your health
- Sungazing and getting in touch with the rhythms of nature
- Why jet lag affects us negatively, air quality, time-zone recovery, and simple biohacks
- Timo's lifetime recommendations, study, mentors
- Winter Blues - book by Dr. Norman Rosenthal
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis: Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #4: Evan Brand: The Zen of Stress
- Episode #6: Nadine Artemis: The Great Sunshine Swindle
- Episode #8: Tero Isokauppila: The Magic of Mushrooms
- Episode #15: Ben Greenfield: Biohacking the Ultimate Home
- Episode #16: Claus Pummer: Sleep, The Smartest Drug?
- Episode #22: David Wolfe: A Gypsy is Born: The Mystical Life of a Health Guru
- Episode #23: Rich Roll: Surrender to Win - The Rise Of A Peaceful Warrior
- Episode #24: Dr. Raleigh Duncan: Some Like It Hot - The Sweet Heat Of Infrared
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith