Do you know where your food comes from? Specifically, have you actually met the farmer who produced it? Chances are better than even that you have not, and unless you live in a very rural area, or happen to be a city-dwelling farmers market aficionado- you never will. Your meat and produce will continue to appear at your local grocers magically, and you will buy it, eat it, and likely have very little connection to where it came from.
As we as a society become more conscious about our health and food choices, it's more important than ever that we become increasingly discerning about not only the quality of our food, but also its origins.
In this episode, our guest Anya Fernald takes us deep into the heart of the 'Farm to Table' food movement, by walking us through the fascinating process of how she went from chef to farmer, to restaurateur with her company Belcampo Meat Co.
Anya is not only an inspiring thought leader, and entrepreneur but a bonafide expert when it comes to how to not only produce the healthiest food on the planet, but also how to avoid many of the inhumane and ultimately toxic practices present in our current industrial farming model. You will be shocked to find out some of the dirty trade secrets, and shady food-labeling scams currently used by the mega-farms, and restaurant industry.
This is not only a highly educational episode, but also one of true inspiration for anyone interested in breaking the mold and creating a new business model that makes a positive impact on the world, and all of it's inhabitants - animals included.
Don't forget to share this episode with anyone who loves to eat, and wants to learn how to find the healthiest, and highest quality food available.
To your health,
If you missed PART ONE, catch it here.
This Show is Brought to You By:
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- Gruesome conventional beef farming model, and the stench
- Hormonal changes and premature sexual maturity around puberty
- Animals not ready for harvest: the conventional approach vs. grass-fed beef maturation
- The paradigm of government subsidies explained, and how farmers get hosed by them in a way that does not serve the farmers, the environment or the consumer
- Commodities, economic mechanisms and conventional farming liabilities
- GMO Roundup, soil death, erosion and flooding: the systemic uprooting of the entire food ecosystem
- Labeling regulation: discerning true and false
- Don't be fooled by "grass-fed" labeling! Learn why "grass-finished" matters
- What does "organic" beef mean?
- What's worse for the environment: monocrops of vegetables or rotating herds of livestock?
- Eggs labeling: decoding free-range, pasture-fed, cage-free and organic
- The dirty little secrets of chicken farms and factory farming
- Pork husbandry, breeds, and what to look for on the label
- Lifestyle recommendations
Here's PART ONE
SHOP RELATED PRODUCTS
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis: Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #29: The Jingslingers: Hacking Health Food
- Episode #36: Greg Bernett: Praize The Graze - The Bone Broth Revolution
- Episode #52: Breaking The Chains Of Human Domestication, Part One
- Episode #53: Breaking The Chains Of Human Domestication, Part Two
- Episode #56: Anya Fernald: The Future Of Food: Farm To Table Living, Part One
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked, here it is! Customized lifestyle recommendations via phone or Skype with yours truly.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show producer: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith