THE GREAT SUNSHINE SWINDLE
with NADINE ARTEMIS
Today’s show guest is Nadine Artemis, the expert in sun exposure. Nadine and I talk about the many fallacies and myths regarding sun expose. We’ll discuss breast cancer, melanoma and sun gazing, the sun screen conspiracy and the toxic chemicals you’re probably putting on your body or have at some point. In this show we will be reminded of the sun as a gift and an essential ingredient for optimum health, and how you should be exposing yourself safely on a regular basis.
Nadine Artemis is a gifted aromatologist and visionary who gathers and works with the purest ingredients and the intelligence embodied in plants to create her revolutionary line of essential oils, elixirs and serums for health skin care and beauty. As a key speaker at conferences and television, Nadine has received glowing reviews for her work in the Hollywood Reporter, The New York Times and The National Post. Through her company Living Libations, Nadine offers products that bring out the strength of the world’s botanicals without relying on synthetics. Nadine is able to tap into the purest essences, enabling her to create the most sublime botanical compounds.
May the sun become your good friend!
This Show is Brought to You by
Fountainoftruthspringwater.com. Fresh raw spring water COLLECTED DIRECTLY AT THE SPRING HEAD, BOTTLED INTO GLASS, AND PROMPTLY TRANSPORTED IN CHILLED CONTAINERs, DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR.
- Nadine’s journey and inspiration that led her into creating skin care
- Sun exposure, fear, cancer, vitamin D, sun spots
- Greeks & Egyptians: ancient history of sun bathing and worship
- Turn of the century and the epidemics emerged from lack of sun
- 1903, Dr. Auguste and sun exposure protocol for curing tuberculosis, rickets, and other ailments.
- Sun is the best masseur, it stimulates the skin and helps tone the muscles without movement
- Sun’s interaction with eye sight: squint a lot? Drop the sunglasses and sun-gaze
- Unpacking the practice of sun-gazing and eye exercise
- Sun’s interaction with the skin - classic faults with sun-screen: carcinogenic chemicals, endocrine disruption, blocks UVB.
- Getting sunburned is easier on DNA than damage from sunscreen
- Correlation between sunscreen use and melanoma
- Skin converts sun beams into regenerative substances: melanin, sulphur, vitamin D
- Sun tanning at solar noon - best time
- Keeping Vitamin D levels optimal reduces risk of breast cancer by 50%
- Nutrition and the real causes of age spots, wrinkles and melanoma
- Skin health: diet and essential oils
- Products, essentail oils & tips for sun extension, skin enhancement & recovery
- Essential Oils - Easy way to use
- Sunscreen history
- Hyper-pigmentation- Spots, unusual freckling, and muddy discoloration
- Melasma - Irregular, muddy looking patches usually found on the face, especially across the upper lip and forehead
- Herodotus - Made the connection between skull strength of Persians vs Egyptians due to sun exposure
- Neil Finsen - 1903 Nobel Prize for curing tuberculosis with sunlight
- Dr. Auguste Rollier - The Sun doctor
- Helio therapy - Medical therapy involving exposure to sunlight
- The Art of Seeing - Book by Aldous Huxley
- The Bates method - An alternative therapy aimed at improving eyesight.
- Dr. Jacob Lieberman - Take Off Your Glasses and See book
- Solar noon - The moment when the sun transits the celestial meridian.
- Seeing Spots - Why the skin develops spots, unusual freckling, and muddy discoloration referred to as hyperpigmentation
- Sun and the Epidemic of Melanoma: Myth on Myth - Book By Dr. Bernard Ackerman
- Rose oil - Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral
- Clove oil - Anti-bacterial
- Oxybenzone - main ingredient in sunscreens, free radical generator classified as non-carcinogenic (until it is exposed to sun light!)
Skin recovery, sun harmonizer, hyper-pigmentation aid
- Everybody loves the Sunshine - Nourishment for sun-soaked skin, this Beautiful formula harmonizes your time in the sun.
- DewDab - The go-to spot treatment for your skin: a potent serum for tiny lines, little bumps, scars, discolorations and blemishes
- JewelDab - A pure essential oil blend created to restore, revitalize, and reestablish radiance
UV Protection / Sun exposure extender
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Red raspberry seed oil - Equivalent to an SPF 25, absorbs UVB and UVC and scatters UVA rays
Essential oils, rich in antioxidant and cell regeneration, help fade hyper-pigmentation
- Types of Essential Oils and Their Benefits
- Sea buckthorn
- Rose otto
- Ginger root
Calming & cooling sunburn
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Steve Campen