What if I told you that your diet and exercise habits are not the most important factors in determining your health, and longevity? Sounds crazy right? Well, according to much of the latest scientific research, it's not. It turns out that the lighting that most of us spend the vast majority of our lives in is 'junk light.' And it might just be worse for your health than junk food.
So how do you know if the lighting in your home and work environment toxic? Unless you've gone to great lengths to optimize all of the light that you're exposed to your daily life, it's a given that your brain, eyes, and even sleep are being adversely affected.
As much as we all love and depend on artificial lighting to allow us to operate after dark, the fact is that we humans have evolved to thrive in three types of light: sun, moon, and fire. The LED and fluorescent lighting that illuminates our phones, computers, televisions, homes, cars, streets, and places of work is not natural and is extremely detrimental to our well-being on many levels.
Our guest Dr. Jack Kruse takes us on a fascinating journey into the heart of this current crisis in great detail. You will be shocked to learn of the multitudes of health issues and diseases directly linked not only to our exposure to 'non-native' lighting but also to the dangerous electromagnetic frequencies (EMF's) that unfortunately blanket the entire planet.
In the tradition of The Life Stylist Podcast, Jack delivers not only the bad news but also a host of straightforward, practical tips on how to still enjoy the modern conveniences of artificial lighting, and electronics, while mitigating some of the serious risks involved.
If you know someone who depends on and enjoys their technology, but also strives to maintain optimum health, this is the show to share with them.
When you share this podcast with a friend, you are not only helping them but also supporting my mission to enlighten humanity, by continuing to bring the most brilliant minds in health and wellness to the mainstream.
May the longtime sun shine upon you,
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
Here's PART ONE if you missed it!
- What is the most dangerous lighting we use in our homes, and the best way to fix it
- Why is blocking blue light so crucial to our health?
- Do blue blocking glasses ruin your vision because of eye strain?
- The link between junk lighting, low dopamine levels and all addictions
- Direct sunlight is good for us. How do fair skinned people sun safely?
- What is grounding or ‘earthing’ and why is it good for us? Does the ground have to be wet?
- The dangers of using laptops and why Steve Jobs didn't let his own kids use Apple products
- Is grounding tech and devices valid?
- Why is living in high rises bad for us?
- How to protect yourself from harmful EMF radiation
- Why are ice baths good for you?
- What’s better: ice baths or cryotherapy?
- The benefits of infrared saunas, and the best and worst times to use them
- What are the top 3 healthiest foods we can eat?
- Are heavy metals in fish as big of a deal as people make them out to be?
- Is Fukushima radiation a real issue in West Coast seafood?
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #6: Nadine Artemis: The Great Sunshine Swindle
- Episode #24: Dr. Raleigh Duncan: Some Like It Hot - The Sweet Heat Of Infrared Saunas
- Episode #25: Emil Detoffol: EMF - The High Price Of Technology
- Episode #75: Dr. Jack Kruse: The Toxic Lighting Crisis And How To Fix It, Part One
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked for it, so here it is! Complete lifestyle design coaching sessions with Luke via Skype, phone, or in person in the Los Angeles area.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith