Did you know there is an entirely natural way to 'get high on your own supply', without any side-effects? Imagine yourself losing all sense of your physical body, and being totally alone in a completely silent, pitch black, sealed room, floating in a zero gravity environment, while allowing your consciousness the freedom to roam the matrix of reality without the confines of your five senses.
Sounds a bit like an LSD trip doesn't it? Well, believe it or not, this trip requires only water, salt, and darkness. I call it 'sober psychedelics.' Others call it a float tank, or sensory deprivation chamber. It's a practice and technology that's been around since the 1960's, and until recently existed on the fringe of underground counter-culture, known and used only by people interested in expanding their awareness and exploring the nature of human consciousness.
Thanks to pioneers like our guest expert Crash Hoefler, floating has been having a huge resurgence in the past few years, and float centers have been popping up in cities all over the world. Seen now as the ultimate meditation and relaxation technique, people from all walks of life are exploring the inner workings of their minds and spirits using regular float sessions as a powerful personal development and biohacking tool.
If you are interested in getting to know yourself on a deeper level than that which is possible through natural methods like meditation, or chemically assisted means, floating should be your next stop on the road to enlightenment. This episode is your ticket to ride. Share it with a friend.
To your inner exploration,
This Show is Brought to You By:
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation w/o the jitters. Sounds like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom! Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs wrapped in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- Reminiscing about Rock’n’Roll and how Crash got his name
- What is a sensory deprivation tank?
- The benefits of floating: surrender and deprivation of all senses
- The spiritual component of sensory deprivation: channeling the experience into self expansion and growth
- The chemistry inside the chamber, and why you float
- Addressing claustrophobia concerns
- Tracing the history of floating: who pioneered the idea, the surge in popularity and the Aids epidemic
- What inspired Crash to build his own tank, and what’s unique about the method he uses to build the best tanks in the world
- The crucial disinfection process, and tight regulations
- Water and filtration
- Floating duration, temperature, and how it provides another portal to consciousness
- Psychedelics and floatation
- The future of the float industry
- Life lessons: the mentors that inspired him
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked, here it is! Customized lifestyle recommendations via phone or Skype with yours truly.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith