FARMING AND THE FALL OF MAN
with DANIEL VITALIS
In today’s show I’m are talking to my friend Daniel Vitalis about human domestication. What happened when we started farming? What happened when we started living in unnatural homes cut off from the earth’s natural ecology, and from our true wild nature? We will discuss the truth about where we came from, where we are, and where we might be going.
We also take a brutally honest look into our current human diets, and compare that to the diets of our hunter-gatherer ancestors. We explore some very thought-provoking ideas on the ever-raging battle of vegan vs. paleo eating habits. How much damage and destruction is actually caused by growing an acre of kale? Why do we devalue the lives of plants and all of the small creatures that die in the process of modern agriculture? Spoiler alert for vegans: Keep an open mind, then follow your heart.
Daniel Vitalis is a writer, podcaster, public speaker and lifestyle pioneer in the sphere of human health, personal development and strategic living. He’s the host of the podcast Rewild Yourself as well as the founder of Surthrival - a fresh, unique, high-end natural supplement boutique.
Get ready to unplug from the matrix and say hello to your inner wild animal.
Long live the human ape!
- Becoming Daniel Vitalis
- Seeking a deeper understanding: getting to the root issue and what makes us tick as a species
- Looking through the glass of domestication & evolution
- Human timeline: who we are, acquainting with the werewolf
- Farming renaissance: looking at today’s farming techniques
- Hunter-gatherers: tracing the evolution, the domesticators, discussing class & social structures
- Civilization explained
- Modern agriculture and the impact on animal life
- Industrial foods, commodity & overpopulation
- Plant & animal farming, human rationalization of food, vegan vs paleo
- Life feeds on life: all eating is killing something
- Interrupting the imperative of nature: going deeper down the domestication path
- Looking deeper into the big picture: all food practices causes suffering to life
- Species-ism, death, energy
- Rewilding: practical ways to get back to nature
- Hunter-gatherers - Wikipedia
- Botany of desire - Book by Michael Pollan
- How Speaking English Impacts our Relationship with Nature - Article by Daniel
- The Teacher Plants- Daniel's podcast with Arthur Haines
- Sleep is a Nutrient- Daniel's podcast with Arthur Haines
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Steve Campen