CONFESSIONS OF A VITAMIN JUNKIE
with Dr. Kelly Bender
Is it extreme to shoot up vitamins? How far would you go to feel good and be healthy? I've gone to some pretty insane lengths to optimize my performance, sometimes with mixed results. In this episode, Dr. Kelly Bender & I dissect some of the extreme health hacks I’ve tried, to find out exactly which of them has actual scientific validity and which do not. For example, do you know how dangerous heavy metal toxicity is to your body, and how you get rid of it? It turns out it's pretty tricky. And expensive. We also discuss the best sleep practices and some very innovative things that you can do to eliminate pain in your body.
Dr. Bender is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor trained as an expert in natural medicine. Her approach to cutting edge therapies include intravenous nutrient therapy, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and regenerative therapies like Prolotherapy. She’s based in California and enjoys teaching her patients and students at various medical schools.
Sit back and enjoy our very intelligent and relatable guest, Dr. Kelly Bender.
I'm stoked to share this show with you.
Take a moment right now to share it with someone else.
Blessings to you and yours,
This Show is Brought to You By
BULLETPROOF.COM. AN AMAZING WAY TO UPGRADE BOTH, YOUR MORNING COFFEE AND BREAKFAST, SO YOU STAY FULL, CRAVINGS-FREE AND ENERGIZED FOR HOURs.
MY SUPERCHARGED BULLETPROOF
COFFEE RECIPE VIDEO
MY BULLETPROOF DAY AND
HIGH PERFORMANCE KIT
- Intravenous vitamin home delivery: Glutathione, B12, MIC, B6
- Dr. Kelly’s background and start in naturopathic medicine
- Defining her path as a practitioner and becoming an entrepreneur: having a better relationship with money and success
- Following your passions and overcoming monetization beliefs
- Intravenous vitamins: understanding what they are, how they work and the benefits
- High dose vitamin C & cancer
- Understanding liposomal Vitamin C
- Heavy metals & bioaccumulation - the sources and the symptoms
- Unpacking the complex world of hormones
- Low levels of testosterone and the symptoms on sex drive, energy and overall health
- Pain management & rebuilding ligaments + tendons through PRP therapy
- Adipose-derived stem cells & treatments
- Sleep health tips: "do it". Understanding the workings of deep sleep, external cues & sleep hygiene
- Glutathione - One of the strongest antioxidants in your body
- Selenium - An important antioxidant mineral
- Vitamin B12 - Great for energy, mood, seep, stamina
- MIC - Methionine, Inositol and Choline: 3 amino acids your body uses to help liver processes
- Vitamin B6 - Immune system, energy, carbohydrate, metabolism
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, Phoenix, AZ
- Vitamin C - By LivOn
- Liposomal Vitamin C - Designed for higher-bioavailability potential, protecting against occasional intestinal discomfort
- Nascent iodine - By Magnetic Clay
- Xenobiotics - A foreign chemical substance found within an organism that is not normally naturally produced by or expected to be present within that organism ~Wikipedia
- Testanex - Topical cream that inhibits estrogen production
- Prolotherapy - Injection therapy for inflamed joints & tissues
- PRP Platelet Rich Plasma - Blood plasma that has been enriched with platelets ~Wikipedia
- Dr. Kenneth Proefrock - Specialist in stem cell transplant and founder of Arizona Stem Cell Center
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Steve Campen