Have you or someone close to you ever been diagnosed with depression or some other mental disorder? Was psychiatric intervention sought out as a means by which to overcome it? Did talk therapy alone work, or did your doctor recommend further treatment in the form of a pharmaceutical solution? If you went on meds, were you told you might need them for the rest of your life? And if you did, in fact, take the medication, was it effective? When you decided it was time to stop taking it, did you experience side effects? I sure did. I've been down this road before, and it's one I would certainly like to avoid taking again. That's why I tracked down this episode's guest, Dr. Kelly Brogan. I wanted to find out what the hell what 'depression' and 'anxiety' actually are, and to discover which lifestyle, dietary, and spiritual solutions might not only be more efficient, but also much safer than the Big Pharma merry go round.
Kelly Brogan is one of the nations leading psychiatrists and has helped thousands of patients find natural, practical solutions to depression and other mental and emotional issues through her private practice, and well as in her wildly popular online programs.
You will be shocked to find out some of the shockingly limited success rates of traditional, allopathic treatment modalities, and crude (and often inaccurate) methods of diagnosis. But more than anything, what you will gain from this episode is a deeper understanding of the human condition, including our deep-seeded need for human connection, love, and a spiritual orientation to our life experience.
It turns out that many of us who have been misdiagnosed and over-medicated are not in fact 'broken' and in need of medical intervention, but rather we are stuck. Since we're not broken, we don’t need fixing. We just need to get unstuck. We need to learn how to orient ourselves in the world in a way that does not necessitate masking and dumbing our discomfort, but rather learning how to live and love our way through it.
Listen and learn. Then pass this show along to someone you know who could use a little boost of hope.
To your health,
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
JOOVV. Red light therapy device. Once your body absorbs this light it converts into cellular energy which kicks off a series of metabolic events like the formation of new capillaries, elevated production of collagen and the release of ATP, which is stuff the stuff that gives you shit-tons of energy. It also repairs sun damage and wrinkles, it enhances muscle recovery and peak performance, heals acne and other blemishes, speeds up wound healing, fades scars and stretch marks, and increases testosterone production. Red light therapy has been approved by the FDA, no woo woo here folks.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON TODAY'S EPISODE:
- What is the root cause of depression and mental disorders?
- Is depression actually a disease? What about anxiety, bipolar, schizophrenia and other mood issues?
- The spiritual underlying causes
- How disconnection from our tribal roots makes us vulnerable to mental disorders
- We explore something called ‘the rat park studies’ which prove that addiction is based on lack of love and connection
- Why is our culture so terrified of emotional pain?
- How we can use Kundalini yoga, and meditation to help with emotional and mental issues
- What’s the deal with the whole serotonin deficiency issue? Is it a real thing?
- Was I addicted to the drug Effexor?
- What do anti-depressants actually do to the brain? Do they ever work?
- What are other solutions we can sick out before going to medication
- How people with serious mental problems can naturally overcome deep seeded issues
- How to safely get off of anti-depressants
- Can eating red meat cure women of depression?
- How environmental toxins in food and our environment are one of the leading causes of mental and emotional disorders
- The dangers of eating sugar
- Why gluten, dairy, soy and GMO’s are so dangerous when it comes to our mental health and well-being
- About her Vital Mind Reset online program
- Lifestyle recommendations
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith