It’s insanely profitable to be wrong when it comes to health – of course, it’s not profitable for me or you, but perpetuating misinformation makes some shady executives out there loads of cash.
And there are few things we are more misinformed about in the Western world than those amber waves of grain, which now make up 70% of all calories consumed by humans on the planet.
But here’s the thing – grains were never part of the human diet until relatively recently, and certainly not in these ridiculous proportions. And when we remove wheat from our diet, the results are downright miraculous: weight melts away, inflammation disappears, migraines subside, some disease reverses entirely, and our gut stops feeling so crappy all the time.
That was the idea behind the #1 New York Times bestselling book Wheat Belly, written by today’s guest Dr. William Davis, a cardiologist and one of the world’s foremost experts on wheat and gluten.
Wheat Belly has grown into a movement of people hungry for food solutions that are healthy, delicious, and convenient. And Dr. Davis’ new book, Undoctored: Why Health Care Has Failed You and How You Can Become Smarter Than Your Doctor, takes the lessons learned through the worldwide Wheat Belly experience and adds new concepts, including how to harness the emerging power of crowd-sourced wisdom and state-of-the-art health technologies.
We are living in the dawn of an age when the average person has access to information and the choice to regain their health and heal their body, without a doctor or the healthcare system... So what will you choose?
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- How a family member’s death led Dr. Davis to start investigating wheat and gluten
- Why cholesterol testing is like a “beat up old ‘57 Chevy with rust up and down the sides and flat tires” – that is, outdated and virtually useless
- The insane profit in medical misinformation
- Why modern “Frankenwheat” is even more harmful than the grains of yore
- What humans should be eating to fuel their body
- The lies we’ve been told about animal fats
- How indifference to people’s health (and love of money) has corrupted healthcare, and why the REAL solutions to our health will come from real people like us, not the healthcare system
- Why just two slices of whole wheat bread is worse for you than six teaspoons of table sugar
- How our reliance on grains has inadvertently created a nation of addiction – and how BIG PHARMA is taking advantage of that fact
- Why many “gluten-free” foods are actually worse for you (and the gluten alternatives that are healthy)
- What happens chemically in your body when you eat grains and gluten
- The difference between A1 and A2 dairy
- Why no society in human history has ever thrived on (or sustained) a vegan diet
- Learn more at wheatbellyblog.com
- Join the Undoctored Inner Circle
- Facebook: facebook.com/OfficialWheatBelly
- Twitter: @WilliamDavisMD
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/wheatbelly
- Undoctored: Why Health Care Has Failed You and How You Can Become Smarter Than Your Doctor
- Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight and Find Your Path Back to Health
- Wheat Belly Total Health: The Ultimate Grain-Free Health and Weight-Loss Life Plan
- Wheat Belly Cookbook
- Wheat Belly 30-Minutes (Or Less!) Cookbook
- Wheat Belly 10-Day Grain Detox
- Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health by Gary Taubes
- The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet by Nina Teicholz
- Dirt: The Erosion of Civilizations by David R. Montgomery
- Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human by Richard Wrangha
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
This Show is Brought to You By:
ORGANIFI. I'm loving Organifi Gold, especially for my night time routine. It has turmeric, ginger, reishi, lemon balm, turkey tail and other rad superfoods, phytonutrients & pain-soothing herbs. My daily routine lately goes like this: in the morning I add it to my nut milk smoothie. At night when I want to chill out, I make a golden latte. I add the power and a healthy fat like ghee, coconut, or grass-fed butter to hot water and voilá! Great warm elixir, really chills you out, gently detoxifies and tastes awesome. Save 20% off, use coupon code "LIFESTYLIST".
ATHLETIC GREENS. 11 supplements in 1! As someone who’s been into superfoods, and supplementation for over 25 years, I’ve seen many a trend come and go. One of those trends is green powder blends. Having tried many of them, and left most of them behind, one I’ve decided to stick with is Athletic Greens. The attention to detail in the ingredient deck and the careful sourcing of those ingredients is really impressive. The inclusion of not only the broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals is fantastic, but also the enzymes and probiotics necessary to fully assimilate those nutrients. Add to that the convenience factor, and the elimination of the need to travel with 20 bottles of supplements, and you’ve got a home run even for the most discerning health connoisseur. If you’re looking for fast acting energy, alkalinity, and nutrient density, Athletic Greens is a home run. Get 20 FREE travel packs valued at $99 with your first purchase.
LONGEVITY POWER. Some of the most potent superfoods and herbal extracts in the planet. Immune support, hormone optimization, athletic and cognitive performance. I've been using their products for over 6 years. No fillers, additives, preservatives, GMOs, solvents, dairy, gluten, and tested for mold, metals, and pollutants. Super legit. My favorites: Maca Bliss, Epic Reishi & Goji Joy. Discount code: ‘thelifestylist’ for 5% off.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)