Have you ever wondered what it takes to create, launch, and maintain a hit podcast? As a listener, it appears as though a couple of people set up some microphones, have a chat, and by that process, an episode is effortlessly created. I remember starting my show, thinking “ I know how to find and talk to interesting people. I’ll buy some recording gear, send out a few guest request emails, and I’ll be a podcaster”. Little did I know that creating a show, and putting it out consistently requires a seemingly endless series of tasks, many of which can be extremely time-consuming, not to mention expensive.
In this episode, we take a slight departure from our usual format and present a behind the scenes look into the whole process of creating and hosting a podcast. Our guests Jesse Chappus and Marni Wasserman are the creators of one of the top health podcasts in the world- The Ultimate Health Podcast. After only three years in the game, they have turned their passion into a thriving business that has become not only rewarding to them personally but also financially. What makes their story genuinely inspiring though, is that neither of them had any experience in media or broadcasting before launching their show. It’s also worth noting that they are not only co-hosts of the podcast, but also a happily married couple.
Jesse and Marni take us along with them through the history of their health and healing journeys, as well as precisely how they continue to grow their audience and strengthen their relationship and financial independence at the same time.
If you are a fan of podcasts or have ever dreamed of starting your own, this is the show for you. Having my podcast has been a dream come true, but it has not been without struggle. Along with Jesse and Marni, I reveal in this episode the rewards and challenges we've experienced, and precisely what to expect if you someday take to the mic and create your own show. As rewarding as it is, it's not for the faint of heart.
As of today my show has been downloaded 959,314 times. My goal is to reach 1M downloads by New Years Eve 2017. Would you be willing to help? All you have to do is share this episode with one friend, and ask them to do the same. Ease breezy.
Here’s to an amazing year, and and even better one to come.
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- The importance of quality couple time and me time when balancing life as a busy entrepreneur
- The importance of sharing life values with your partner
- Is it hard to be in a coupleship if one of you is vegan and the other not
- Strategies for getting support if your partner isn’t on the same page regarding health, wellness, diet etc
- Why they started one of the top health podcasts in the world
- We look behind the curtain into the business of podcasts, and they share exactly how podcasts work, and how they were able to monetize from it
- The rewards and risks involved in podcasting
- The power of using a podcast to build professional relationships
- How advertising on podcasts work, and all of the costs involved in running one
- The importance of podcast sound quality, and growing your show + keeping listener retention
- Why your number of iTunes downloads is one of the most important goals, and why iTunes reviews matter
- Recommendations for listeners who want to support their favorite show
- How Jesse deals with negative feedback and online trolls
- Creating a supportive and healthy community online, and offline and why a facebook group is more powerful than a page
- Why they bailed on twitter, and how to know which channel you should bail on if you are a content creator
- Their secret to creating consistent content
- How to biohack your dog, and why raw food is the best
- The dangers of vaccinating your dog, which ones are most important and how to do it safely
- Buying puppies from a valid breeder VS. adopting a rescue
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Episode #7: Ari Meisel: Outsource Your Overwhelm
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith