Can making fun of yourself (and everyone else) who's into health & wellness, spirituality, and yoga get you to enlightenment? Today’s guest, JP Sears, thinks you can. Base on this interview, he might just be there already himself.
But who is JP Sears anyway? You’ll most likely know him for his hilarious, and consistently viral videos on health, various diets, biohacking, and for being 'ultra-spiritual.'
In this interview, we discover how JP uses satire and humor as a trojan horse by which to infiltrate the minds and spirits of his viewers, in order to usher in a deeper, more meaningful understanding of life.
Self-awareness is a powerful tool by which we can objectively see ourselves as we really are. But how well can we accurately do that? We people are creatures of habit, and often need another set of eyes to reflect reality back to us. JP Sears and his message are that reflection.
You'll walk away from this episode with some very powerful spiritual practices that you can start using right away. One of JP's top recommendations is to stop taking ourselves so seriously, and to learn how to stay more connected to the people you love.
This is not only a funny and lighthearted show, but it also issues a challenge to each listener: To be willing to honestly and humbly explore their own humanity, and have copious amounts of fun with that process along the way.
Do you know one person who loves to poke fun at their own silly habits and personality traits? Of course you do! Please to us all a favor and share this interview with them.
Thanks for tuning into the show. We’re creeping up on 1 Million downloads, largely thanks to thoughtful people like you sharing with friends and family. Please continue to do so. It really helps!
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
EARTH RUNNERS. Minimalist earthing sandals. If you follow me on IG you know that I wear these 95% of the time. Yes, even to parties in Hollywood. They look really dope and improve your biomechanics and the way you walk. But what’s even cooler is that they are grounded via a conductive thread on the straps and a copper plug on the bottom. You’ve been listening to my shows and know how crucial that is. You can watch testing videos with a voltmeter, showing the effect of the sandals in an EMF field. Also featuring a hemp footbed.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON TODAY'S EPISODE:
- The silly ness of biohacking practices, and how his videos make fun of everything i do on a daily basis
- How to recognize approval seeking in your life and on social media, and how to break the habit
- We examine the massive amount of energy we typically waste on the hyper vigilance of seeking approval
- Where does the desperate need to be liked come from?
- We discuss the fact that the more you try to get people to like you, the more they are repelled by you
- Learning how to overcome shame and own your weirdness
- How to be truly authentic and find your real identity and personality
- Where being healthy ends and being obsessive compulsive begins, and how to find a balance
- How health practices are often used as a distraction from doing the more important inner personal growth work
- Why spiritual biohacks like human connection, gratitude and love work better than all of the technology-based practices we all use to feel good
- The power of self-awareness and surrendering to the discomforts of life
- The new era of transparent advertising and marketing
- Walking the fine line between effective marketing and being creepy and manipulative
- Who JP used his humor to stay humble, and help others to awaken
- Using satire to break attachments to dogmatic views and positionalites
- The social disease of political correctness, and how he is able to get away with doing comedy in our current emotionally sensitive culture
- How intention and context determine what our words and our humor mean, and how we choose wether or not our feelings get hurt by others
- How JP practices prayer and spirituality in his daily life
- Lifestyle recommendations
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith