Right before this episode, Justin Mares and I sequestered ourselves in my biohacking lab for an extreme session of brain hacking. It was the perfect way to set the scene for this conversation on the state of the food industry, bone broth, and all of the ancient technologies that are new again in the health & wellness world.
Justin is the Founder of Kettle & Fire, creators of the first 100% grass-fed, non-frozen, shelf-stable beef bone broth on the market.
Justin and his brother started Kettle & Fire after hearing about bone broth and its amazing health benefits back in 2013… but it wasn’t exactly easy to find. That kicked off a year-long journey to find the best manufacturer, bones, and ingredients.
Thanks to all of Justin’s hard work, you don’t have to do anything to reap the benefits of bone broth made from the best ingredients available.
Taking the hassle out of the equation was extremely important to Justin, and it all comes down to a very simple formula:
Health + Convenience = Lifestyle Change
For most people, changing to a healthier lifestyle can feel overwhelming – don’t do this, do a lot of that, avoid blue light, nom on some mushrooms, boil down some bones, and all of the other things we talk about in the health & wellness world.
In reality, the vast majority of people change their health gradually, step by step, and people like Justin are just trying to make those first few steps as easy as possible.
So check out this episode to learn a lot more about Justin and the benefits of ancient trends like bone broth – it might just bring you one step closer to a healthier life.
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- The big problem that pushed Justin to start Kettle & Fire
- What it’s like to work with the USDA & navigate all of the ridiculous bureaucracy
- 10,000-year-old “trends” like bone broth
- The big health challenge that pushed Justin to start Kettle & Fire
- How bone broth helps reduce inflammation in your body
- What it’s like to work with the USDA & navigate all of the bureaucratic red tape
- The huge hassle, and mess that goes into making your own bone broth
- Overcoming one of the biggest problems when it comes to making healthy choices: compliance
- The huge SCAM behind the phrase “grass-fed”
- Why truly 100% grass-fed beef is better for you than factory farm slop
- Why having too many kids might be worse for the environment than eating a steak
- The ethics of farming plants VS farming animals
- The MOST harmful thing in the U.S. food system
- How you make a great bone broth at home, and why broth is the most ethical and safest way for vegans to transition back into animal foods
- If you really care about the environment, stop having sex
- Get healthier at kettleandfire.com (use code LUKE for 10% off chicken bone broth)
- Learn more at justinmares.com
- Twitter: @jwmares
- Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
- Four Sigmatic
- Perfect Keto - Get 20% off using code THELIFESTYLIST20
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha by Tara Brach
- Check out Tara Brach’s podcast on iTunes
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
This Show is Brought to You By:
KETTLE & FIRE. This is the first 100% grass-fed, non-frozen, shelf stable bone broth on the market. I love bone broth for its portability, but this is the first I’ve found that you don’t have to defrost (and won’t go bad in your fridge if you forget about it). That’s super convenient for staying healthy on the go, or just making a meal that’s easy and good for you at home. Get 20% off chicken bone broth using code LUKE at kettleandfire.co.
ORGANIFI. I talk about the Organifi green juice a lot because it’s delicious and I eat it every day, but did you know that they also make a red juice? This red juice powder is packed with antioxidants, immune-boosting herbs, and adaptogens like reishi and cordyceps mushrooms (which are really hard to make taste good – I have no idea how they did this). It’s super quick and easy nutrition on-the-go. Save 20% using code “LIFESTYLIST” at organifi.com/luke.
BIOHM. After basically destroying my health (especially my gut health) for the first half of my life, I’ve been spending the past decade looking for ways to fix it. I was stoked to find BIOHM because they give you the ability to test your gut health from home. While most at-home gut health tests just focus on the bacteria, BIOHM provides you with a full profile of not only bacteria but fungal species. Plus, they have an insanely cool probiotic that’s been helping me get my gut right again. Save 15% using code “lifestylist” at biohmhealth.com/lifestylist.
ONNIT. I’ve been using Onnit products for years, but these guys are growing and growing fast. I recently visited the Onnit headquarters and can tell you that they are doing it right, plus their insane product line is always made with science-backed, earth-grown nutrients. Whether you’re looking for something to get swole, relax, or supplement your diet, Onnit has you covered. You can save 10% on all foods and supplements + receive a FREE gift by going to onnit.com/luke.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)