I worked in the entertainment industry for 17 years, and I grew jaded to being starstruck… but this episode is a dream come true for me. I got to sit down with Byron Katie, whose work and story helped me pick myself up & transform my life.
Katie, creator of The Work, is driven by a single mission: teaching people how to end their own suffering.
Katie found herself at the bottom of a ten-year spiral when she realized that when she believed her stressful thoughts, she suffered, but that when she questioned them, she didn't suffer – and that this is true for every human being.
Now, Katie guides people through a powerful process of inquiry she calls The Work, in which anyone can find their stressful beliefs about life, other people, or themselves & radically shift them. The result is a life changed forever.
The Work is an astonishingly simple process – as you’ll hear in this episode – accessible to anyone at any age and from any background; all you need is an open mind.
Even from the darkest depths of suffering and loss, anyone can learn to trace unhappiness to its source and deal with it there – trust me.
Take these tools, open your mind, and set yourself free.
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- How Luke found Katie (after being dragged there by his father)
- When Katie hit rock bottom
- How a chance run-in with a cockroach completely changed Katie’s (and Luke’s) life
- Coming to terms with the fact that the world is a projected image of our thoughts
- Our motivation to ease the world’s suffering
- Katie gets labeled enlightened – but she says, “I’m just someone who knows the difference between what hurts and what doesn’t.”
- Everything in life is awesome… if you choose to frame it that way with your thinking
- Sparing ourselves from the desire for approval
- Our futile attempts to argue with reality… and why we always lose
- The irony of struggling to win love and approval
- Why it’s called “The Work”
- Luke gets completely raw & vulnerable about some resentment he’s working through right now, going through the 4 questions & turnarounds of The Work to show you how the magic happens
- The life-changing work done at Katie’s Turnaround House
- A Mind At Home With Itself, Katie’s commentary on the Diamond Sutra, one of the great spiritual texts of the world
- Listen to Katie’s podcast: The Work of Byron Katie by Byron Katie
- Facebook: facebook.com/theworkofbyronkatie
- Twitter: @ByronKatie
- Instagram: @byron.katie
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheWorkofBK
- A Mind At Home with Itself by Byron Katie
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- I Need Your Love—Is That True? by Byron Katie
- Thousand Names for Joy by Byron Katie
- The School for The Work
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
This Show is Brought to You By:
BIOSTRAP. Biohacking your body requires data, and Biostrap tracks more data, more accurately than anything else on the market. The biometric readings allow users to quantify their body’s physiological well-being, measure the bodily effects of their daily activities, and assess the efficacy of preventative health measures – even in your sleep. Get 25% off today by going to biostrap.com/Luke and using the promo code “STOREY”.
ALTERRA PURE. This show is all about optimizing your lifestyle, and part of that is optimizing your sleep environment. I’m super stoked about the new bedding company Alterra Pure. Insane high quality, truly organic, pesticide-free, non-GMO cotton sheets and bedding. A lot of stuff in the market is actually pretty fake. I’ve done a lot of research into it. Alterra Pure is legit, I’m using them on my bed, they are insanely high quality. What’s also great about this company is that they support the environment, social sustainability and are absolutely transparent. 15% OFF when you use coupon code LIFESTYLIST at checkout.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheatgrass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff! Save 20%, use discount code "LIFESTYLIST".
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)