In today's climate of spiritual trends, meditation has become one of the hottest. And of course, right? I mean, after all, one of the most axiomatic principles ever uttered by a human is ‘know thyself,' right? And what better way to get to know yourself, but to spend some time alone in silence.
But how long would it take to benefit from the practice of quiet introspection? How long could you be silent? How many hours per day could you enjoy (or tolerate) a sitting meditation? How about ten or twenty days without talking to a single soul, spending hour after hour just sitting there doing NOTHING. To some, this prospect sounds like heaven and of course, to others who are less acquainted with their inner selves, this idea might seem utterly terrifying.
Our guest Diego Perez (AKA Yung Pueblo) is a veteran of many an inner journey and provides us with a fascinating play by play report on precisely what happens on a Vipassana silent meditation retreat.
From this episode, you'll gain a deep understanding of not only the specific protocol of the various meditation retreats but also of the fundamentals of Buddhism, and how to apply the simple yet profoundly powerful principles of the lineage to your everyday life. After all, it's not only what happens on your meditation cushion that matters, but more so how you're able to integrate this ancient wisdom and cause ripples of positive energy to wash over your every moment and to everyone you might encounter on your earthbound journey.
Listen, as Yung Pueblo drops knowledge bombs of immense power onto your consciousness, then take a moment to transmit that peace to someone you love by sharing this extraordinary episode with them.
Here's to your practice,
Topics Discussed In Today's Episode
- His roots as a kid in Ecuador, and how he got the name Yung Pueblo
- The current state of human consciousness, and the explosion of Vipassana centers
- His path from misery to Vipassana
- The unique donation-based approach of Vippasana Centers
- Step by step report on what happens on a 10-day Vipassana Meditation retreat
- Subtle symptoms of trauma, and how they shape our personalities
- How to apply the principles of Buddhism in modern life
- Wanting vs. Being: the traps of desire, and how to overcome delusion & anxiety
- Emotions that arise from clouded Ego, and the liberation path to purity, love & compassion
- What does it mean to live a life free of suffering
- The purpose of ego, and why it’s not always the enemy
- Cleaning up after ourselves, and learning to act through love
- The physical requirements of Vipassana meditation
- The cravings and fears that he’s still dealing with
- On humility and being a “regular” person
- Lifestyle recommendations
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
AMPCOIL. A unique and powerful device that merges PEMF, biofeedback, bioresonance, Tesla and sound technology into an all-in-one wellness system for home use. A technological solution for detox and to help address Lyme-related symptoms, including co-infections, autoimmune conditions, and other health challenges.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith