Have you noticed that mainstream spirituality as a form of self-help and personal development is taking the world by storm lately? There are guides, teachers, mentors, and gurus popping up onto the new age scene in droves. This is of course, for the most part, a beautiful thing, as we all know the world could use as many higher-consciousness thought leaders at this particular stage of our evolution.
However, today’s spiritual seeker has to apply more discernment than ever before when selecting his or her modern-day guru. With so many teachers of spirit arriving on the scene, it can be tough to separate the true from false, especially when the aspirant finds themselves at a particularly vulnerable crossroad in life.
Our guest Danielle LaPorte is one of the most popular spiritually motivating teachers to emerge over the past few years. Her popularity is growing at a staggering pace. The thing that makes Danielle unique amongst the latest generation of gurus is that she isn’t claiming to be a guru at all. She’s not trying to convince you she has this whole life thing all figured out – she’s merely on her inner journey, inviting us all to come along and join her in her awakening, one day at a time.
Danielle’s newest book, White Hot Truth: Clarity for keeping it real on your spiritual path—from one seeker to another, is pretty much a detox for a world inundated by self-proclaimed spiritual sherpas.
The whole point of this journey, after all, is to become your guru; to create space for your voice, to own your issues, and to learn from your experiences and pain so that you might be given the opportunity to share the lessons you learn along the way with other soul travelers.
Are you ready to give yourself a loving reality check and start finding your path to enlightenment on this journey of life? Pop on some headphones, and prepare yourself for some deeply down to earth spiritual truth.
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- Getting addicted to self-help
- Why narcissism is a painful trap (that doesn’t blend well with spirituality)
- How to avoid being pseudo spiritual
- The overuse + misuse of the word ‘Guru.’
- How and why Danielle created LIGHTER: a one-year soul support program
- How self-help devolves into self-criticism
- Why we’re addicted to our phones, and how we keep justifying the addiction
- Being successful without getting stuck in the lower states of desire + want
- Taking responsibility for your feelings
- Cultivating an open, tender heart and a big effing fence
- Using the human body as a tuning fork for truth
- The power of eye gazing with an open heart to appreciate someone you love
- Maintaining faith in goodness when life seems dark
- Considering the point of view of the soul’s evolutionary purpose
- The relationship between spiritual maturity and softness
- Why Danielle stays in touch with her feminine energy in every situation
- Danielle’s bag of meditation tricks + finding the right meditation practice for you
- Listen to Danielle’s podcast: LIGHT WORK
- Read: White Hot Truth: Clarity for keeping it real on your spiritual path—from one seeker to another
- Register for LIGHTER: a one-year soul support program with Danielle
- Truth Is a Pathless Land by Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Jiddu Krishnamurti: jkrishnamurti.org
- Support Eve Ensler’s VDay: a global movement to end violence against women and girls
- Eve Ensler: eveensler.org
- Pema Chodron: pemachodronfoundation.org
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
This Show is Brought to You By:
JOOVV. If you’ve been listening for a while or following Luke on social media, you’ve probably seen him raving about red light therapy, or photobiomodulation. There are over 3000 published clinical papers on light therapy – over 200 being double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled – making this arguably the most well-researched bio hack in Luke’s arsenal. Some of the benefits include increased skin health, better muscle recovery, better sexual performance, and reduced joint pain and inflammation. So you can see why Luke is so into it... and why all of his friends keep coming over to use his Joovv device! If you are ready to get your own Joovv device + a FREE gift, head over to Joovv.com/luke and enter the code “LUKE” at checkout.
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink. Now featuring a slew of brand new super chronic, super food & herbal blends! Check out the green coffee bean extract, the brain stack, the sleep stack, the matcha tea with Lion’s Mane, and the new coffee + mushroom infused mixes! Use coupon "thelifestylist" for 15% off at foursigmatic.com/luke.
ONNIT. I’ve been using Onnit products for years, but these guys are growing and growing fast. I recently visited the Onnit headquarters and can tell you that they are doing it right, plus their insane product line is always made with science-backed, earth-grown nutrients. Whether you’re looking for something to get swole, relax, or supplement your diet, Onnit has you covered. You can save 10% on all foods and supplements + receive a FREE gift by going to onnit.com/luke.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)