Are you into drugs? I used to be. A lot. I guess I was more into drugs than just about anything else for many years. For me the timeline of my drug use went something like this: fun>fun with problems>problems>more problems>the end. If your story mirrors mine, the answer you found (if you have indeed found an answer) likely equates to some method of total abstinence. That’s what worked for me. The ‘crash and burn, then rise from the ashes’ model seems to be the only way out other than death for those of us who are so inflicted with that pesky addictive gene.
But what if you’re a person who can use drugs without the drugs using you? You are in total control of when you use, and of the type of drugs you chose to do or not do. In this episode, we take an open-minded look at our current beliefs and laws surrounding drug use, and the emergence of the ‘spirit drug’ sub-culture that chooses to classify some drugs as 'medicine’ and uses them for spiritual advancement rather than a means by which to ‘party’ and run from their pain and problems.
In this funny and thoughtful conversation, Shannon and I discover that the ability to use drugs constructively has a lot not only to do with who you are as s person, but also the reason you’re doing them, and perhaps most importantly- the type of drug you are doing. I mean, let's face it; Crack and magic mushrooms do tend to attract a different crowd and produce a different result. This is obviously why some drugs like marijuana are becoming legalized in more and more US states year over year. It’s also why our guest founded the first truly healthy weed edibles company in the world.
Don’t care about drugs one way or another? I get it. That’s why a lot of the interview is devoted to Shannon’s other areas of expertise: Being a female entrepreneur in the natural beauty industry, and why it is so important for us to seek out companies that produce non-toxic products, and not to put anything on our bodies unless we could safely eat it. Spoiler alert! Lipstick is full of lead, one of the most toxic heavy metals on the planet. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg….
Please forward this to someone who would benefit from the information provided. (Pretty much everyone)
Thanks for reading, and for helping me spread the message of health, healing, and happiness.
This Show is Brought to You by
FOURSIGMATIC.COM. MUSHROOMS, THE ORIGINAL SUPER FOOD. MELT AWAY STRESS, BOOST IMMUNITY, RELAX & SLEEP DEEPER, IMPROVE PRODUCTIVITY, INCREASE BRAIN POWER, GET STIMULATION WITHOUT THE JITTERS. SOUNDS LIKE ALL THE GOOD STUFF YOU WANT? WELCOME TO THE MEDICINAL FUNGI KINGDOM!
HERE'S HOW I USE FOUR SIGMATIC PRODUCTS TO UPGRADE MY
- Intro with Shannon: kundalini yoga, toothpaste, Daniel Vitalis, oysters and ghee, edibles
- Head Bitch In Charge get her start
- Talent vs passion: out of fashion and on to her own business
- Personal care products: purity, essential oils
- Make-up and cosmetic industry is totally unregulated
- Turning her passion into profit
- Marijuana edibles and how California laws affect the industry
- The difference between CBD and THC
- Shipping CBD to non-legal states
- The mission of Jamba Superfoods and the spiritual side of edibles
- Eating vs. smoking, timing and dosing
- A chat on spiritual drugs and the emerging sub-culture
- The different kinds of substances: which side of the scale are you on, and what's your default mode?
- Lifestyle recommendations
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Brian Parra