THE MAGIC OF MUSHROOMS
with TERO ISOKAUPPILA
Are you still caught in the vegan/paleo debate? Should we eat from the animal or plant kingdom? Or both? Who knows. But did you know there is another entire kingdom of food known as fungi? Yep. Mushrooms have been consumed as not only food but also as very powerful medicine for thousands of years in human history. In the world of Chinese medicine, mushrooms are at the top of the list. If you someone who wants tons of physical and mental energy, and an immune system that kicks ass at the highest level, you need to take a trip with me in this episode into the magical world of medicinal mushrooms. I've made mushrooms a part of my daily health regimen for the past ten years, and I'm a true believer in their power.
Our guest expert today, Tero Isokauppila, is the founder of Four Sigmatic Foods, and he's on a mission to make mushrooms more accessible to everyone. Tero founded Four Sigmatic in 2012 and is now sold in over 25 countries.
Four Sigmatic's functional mushroom coffees, hot cocoas and elixir are some of my favorite superfood/herbs on the market, and I use them daily. They’re delicious, convenient, and potent as hell. That’s why I had to get Tero into the studio and get to the bottom of this ‘shroom business!
Enjoy this fungi ride with Tero, and don't forget to share this show with someone you love.
This Show is Brought to You by
FOURSIGMATIC.COM. MUSHROOMS, THE ORIGINAL SUPER FOOD. MELT AWAY STRESS, BOOST IMMUNITY, RELAX & SLEEP DEEPER, IMPROVE PRODUCTIVITY, INCREASE BRAIN POWER, GET STIMULATION WITHOUT THE JITTERS. SOUNDS LIKE ALL THE GOOD STUFF YOU WANT? Welcome TO THE MEDICINAL FUNGI KINGDOM!
Here's how I use Four Sigmatic products to upgrade my
- Tero’s background in Finland
- Saunas, the Finish way
- The fundamentals of the fungi kingdom
- Medicinal mushrooms: why & what they can do for us
- The effects on our health: hormone balancing, sleep quality, oxygen intake, brain function
- How Four Sigma Foods came to be, U.S. launch, packaging & marketing
- Food experience today: consumer awareness & company transparency
- Sun exposure, skin health & Chaga support
- U.S. government’s lackadaisical approach to product health claims compared to other countries
- Mushrooms on the shelf: learning the varieties and how to identify real from schwag
- Doctoring the bitter
- Product trademark & methodology: dual extraction, binders, fibers, ancient formulation systems
- Vitamin D, Chaga & seasonal depression
- Reishi, the queen of mushrooms & most studied herbs
- "4 ninja turtles": Chaga, Reishi, Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps. Learn how to get started and what each has to offer
- Capsules, absorbtion & overall compliance
- Omega-3 Krill oil
- Infrared sauna
- Finnish saunas
- Chaga - The King of mushrooms, nature’s greatest sources of antioxidants
- Reishi - The Queen of mushrooms, helps with calm and ensures better sleep by naturally regulating the hormonal system and lowering cortisol levels
- Lion's Mane - A nootropic brain booster, improve memory, creativity, and concentration
- Cordyceps - An adaptogen, helps produce and maintain constant energy levels
- Whey protein - Enhanced immune function
- Mycelium - A vegetative part of the fungus
- Krill oil - Omega-3 fatty acid
- Green Pastures Products
SHOP PRODUCTS MENTIONED
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tati Melo
Sound editing: Steve Campen