Sahara Rose, the author of The Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda & Eat Feel Fresh, was one of the six people featured in the Longevity Now All-Stars episode released a couple weeks back (episode #147). She had so much Ayurvedic wisdom to share that I had to get her back behind the mic a second time while we were at the conference so that I could extract some more of that knowledge and share it with all of you.
If you’re not familiar with Ayurveda, let me give you a quick rundown: It’s the world’s oldest health system, originating in India over 5,000 years ago as a sister science to yoga. A ton of the common sense health practices we do today – and many of the health “trends” popular in the wellness world – can actually be traced back to Ayurveda.
Sahara represents the next step of Ayurvedic tradition and, according to Deepak Chopra, she is leading our generation into a new paradigm shift – a paradigm that reflects the melding of Ayurvedic healing and spiritual wisdom with modern Western nutritional science and psychology.
Need Ayurveda 101? Desperately want to live a life aligned with your purpose? Craving a different perspective on the mind-body connection? Just want better digestion?
Sahara and the Ayurvedic tradition have you covered for all of that and more.
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- Why Ayurveda is for the common person (unlike its sister science, Yoga)
- Growing up with two first-generation Indian immigrants & just wanting to fit in
- When Sahara started consuming Lunchables, Kool-Aid, and other sugary poison
- Weird alien shit that happens to Sahara’s boyfriend
- Picking up hot yoga just to gain weight… but getting a whole lot more out of it
- Living in a jail in Costa Rica at the age of 15 & other on-the-ground volunteer work
- Becoming a diehard raw vegan & still experiencing health issues
- How to thoughtfully craft a diet based on where you live & what your body needs
- What the three Dosha are & how your Dosha affect you
- How Jennifer Lopez & Donald Trump represent the opposite ends of Pitta
- Why the dosha in your mind isn’t necessarily the same as the dosha in your body – and what you can do to bring balance to them in different ways
- Your dosha & your love relationships
- Why tongue scraping isn’t just a trend – it’s effective
- Luke’s crazy panchakarma experience and why this is such a powerful detoxification treatment
- What you can expect from Sahara’s upcoming cookbook, Eat Feel Fresh
- The Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda by Sahara Rose Ketabi & Deepak Chakra
- Eat Feel Fresh: A Contemporary, Plant-Based Ayurvedic Cookbook by Sahara Rose Ketabi (October 2, 2018)
- Discover Your Ayurvedic Mind-Body Type with Sahara's one-of-a-kind quiz
- Listen: Highest Self Podcast
- Instagram: @iamsahararose
- Facebook: facebook.com/IAmSaharaRose
- Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra
- Dr. Vasant Lad: ayurveda.com/about/about-vasant-lad
- Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar: ayurvedichealing.net
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
This Show is Brought to You By:
ERGODRIVEN. Your time at work can make you worse or it can make you better… but let’s face it – your office is probably hurting you. Enter Erodriven. They’ve spent years studying the science of ergonomics and testing crazy ideas to design and manufacture new solutions that can make a huge difference in your life. The Erodriven mats and desks are really effective, and surprisingly affordable. Save 10% on your own Topo mat or Spark desk using code "LUKE”. CLICK TO PURCHASE.
ATHLETIC GREENS. 11 supplements in 1! As someone who’s been into superfoods, and supplementation for over 25 years, I’ve seen many a trend come and go. One of those trends is green powder blends. Having tried many of them, and left most of them behind, one I’ve decided to stick with is Athletic Greens. The attention to detail in the ingredient deck and the careful sourcing of those ingredients is really impressive. The inclusion of not only the broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals is fantastic, but also the enzymes and probiotics necessary to fully assimilate those nutrients. Add to that the convenience factor, and the elimination of the need to travel with 20 bottles of supplements, and you’ve got a home run even for the most discerning health connoisseur. If you’re looking for fast acting energy, alkalinity, and nutrient density, Athletic Greens is a home run. Get 20 FREE travel packs valued at $99 with your first purchase.
BANYAN BOTANICALS. Banyan Botanicals wants to help you gain a deeper understanding of your health through the lens of Ayurveda, from physiology and digestion to body structure and personality. All you have to do is take the 10-minute quiz to find out your current imbalances and the reasons why you might be out of balance. Immediately, Banyan delivers personalized herbal, diet, and lifestyle guidance to keep your doshas balanced, all based on your own quiz results. You should definitely check out Banyan Botanicals’ Intro to Ayurveda, and then you can learn more by taking the quiz at www.banyanbotanicals.com/luke.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- Episode 147 - Longevity Now All-Stars: Epic Tales From the Cutting Edge - Six Health Masters Mashup
- Episode 20 - Mas Vidal: Ayurveda and Yoga as a Way of Life #20
- Episode 75 - Dr. Jack Kruse: The Toxic Lighting Crisis And How To Fix It
- Episode 3 - Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science #3