Have you ever found yourself repeating the same negative patterns in life, caught in a perpetual cycle of frustration and confusion, left without a clue as to how you end up in the same painful situations again and again?
Perhaps you've had some persistent issues that were challenging enough to get you into therapy or counseling at some point. Maybe you read a few self-help books. You found yourself able to pinpoint, at least to some degree- the origins of your mental and emotional dysfunction. You might have even figured out that most of your destructive behavior has manifested at least to some degree as a result of trauma, neglect, or abuse you endured as a child. Most of the clues probably led back to your parents’ shortcomings as incompetent early 'life coaches.’ You learn a bit about yourself, and your subconscious motives and egoic drives. You have a few breakthroughs. You get to the root of your problems. But do you ever really CHANGE? Have you ever been able to entirely break free from your 'old' self, and become a genuinely new person as a result of your inner work?
For most of us, myself included, many hours in therapy and self-help study might have resulted in some temporary emotional symptom relief, but for the most part, we pretty much stay the same in the long run, barring some hugely monumental sea change shift, usually brought about by some radical transformative event.
Well in July 2017 I had such an event. It was a week-long intensive retreat held in Napa, California known as The Hoffman Process. I enrolled, drove up north, and committed to myself that no matter what, I was going to give every ounce of courage and willingness to this somewhat mysterious group experience in the redwoods. I had no idea that I was about to undergo such a profound self-renovation.
The Hoffman Process was one of the most profound experiences of my life, which is why I made it my mission after completing the program to share it with you.
What you are about to experience is an in-depth exploration of the process, and my time there with their international director, Tim Laurence. We thoroughly unpack how The Hoffman Process combines different spiritual and psychological modalities into one life-changing intensive, its origins, and why the heck it’s so damn effective in producing lasting change.
By the end of this show, you will no doubt have a much deeper understanding of what your negative patterns are, how you got them, and most important of all- how to rid yourself of them.
Please share this episode with someone who could use some help breaking free from the bondage of their past.
Here's to your mental health,
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- How Tim first got involved in the Hoffman Process?
- Who was Bob Hoffman, and how did he come up with this stuff?
- The Quadinitry concept, and why it’s the key to unlocking our potential
- The Hoffman cycle of transformation: awareness, expression, compassion, forgiveness to generate new behaviors and deep inner change
- The importance of taking responsibility and establish healthy boundaries
- How we take on negative patterns and more importantly, how we break them
- What are some of the typical family roles that we take on, and how do they shape our lives as adults
- The stories we carry about our parents that may not be true and causes to be stuck
- How can we live from our more authentic, spiritual self?
- The phenomenon of transference, and how it hurts relationships
- The role that surrender has in the Hoffman Process, and how does it differ from submission and compliance and just giving up
- How the Process approaches addictions
- Does positive visualization actually work? And is it possible to break passed the subconscious limitations we impose upon ourselves by doing it
- What effects that being a facilitator had on him
- What are some tools that he personally uses when anxiety and pain comes up
- Lifestyle recommendations
- The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships, Book by Neil Strauss
- Bob Hoffman
- The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values, and Spiritual Growth, Book by M. Scott Peck
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, Book by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Hoffman Institute
- You Can Change Your Life: With the Hoffman Process, Book by Tim Laurence
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink. Now featuring a slew of brand new super chronic, super food & herbal blends! Check out the the green coffee bean extract, the brain stack, the sleep stack, the matcha tea with Lion’s Mane, and the new coffee + mushroom infused mixes!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith