This week, I invite you all to join me on an epic journey to Costa Rica (and far, far beyond).
I recently spent a few days at the Rythmia Life Advancement Center, a leading retreat center that infuses ancient and modern wisdom, plant medicine, and breakthrough technologies for healing. It’s a go-to destination for those seeking a spiritually awakening vacation experience, and for those seeking help with addiction.
And none of this would be possible if it weren’t for today’s guests, Rythmia co-founders Brandee Lynn and Gerard Powell.
Brandee brings an element of practical mysticism to the Rythmia campus, helping spiritual newcomers more easily digest the esoteric ancient wisdom that we’ve forgotten in our modern world. She assists in lifting the veil of illusion and limiting beliefs so that visitors can align to their true nature, and she believes that by connecting to your truth, synchronicity becomes an ever-present reality, every day then unfolding as its own miracle.
Miracles are big here at Rythmia. Really, we’re all here because Gerard Powell (although most people just call him Gerry) experienced his own miracle: one night that helped him heal a lifetime of suffering due to addiction.
Gerry first made his way to Costa Rica after a friend told him about the healing power of psychedelic plant medicine. There, under the guidance of a 10th-generation Bwiti Shaman, Gerry experienced the life-altering power of an ancient Amazonian plant-based brew. Then, during his inaugural Ayahuasca ceremony, Gerry developed a deeper understanding of his emptiness after recovering a suppressed memory of horrible childhood trauma – just one of the subconscious traumas he realized was destroying his life.
So Gerry acknowledged that his life was a mess and began to work on conquering his addictions, healing his emotional and psychological wounds, and embracing himself. His spiritual awakening and radical life overhaul eventually inspired him to create Rythmia as a haven for those seeking enlightenment and renewal.
It is going to be a wild ride, and this is only the first half of my trip to Rythmia! But don’t worry, you don’t have to wait. Part two is available now and it features two more of the spiritual teachers that guided me through the world of plant medicine, breathwork, and beyond.
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
Topics Discussed With Brandee:
- All of the messages from the universe that brought Luke to Rythmia
- Why Brandee was reluctant to try plant medicines when they first started coming into her life
- The difference between a plant medicine and a drug
- Breaking the patterns that keep us stuck – or make us think we’re stuck
- The shadow side of the plant medicine community
- Where spiritual power and intellectual understanding intersect
- Checking in with your inner child and showing it compassion
- What important lessons Brandee learned from plant medicine, and how she integrated that knowledge back into her life (a critical but often-overlooked step to the healing process)
- Why they only use Ayahuascha at Rythmia
- Finding shaman who have the right calling and intentions & recruiting a team of shaman who come from different traditions
- Integrating plant medicine with breathwork
- What happens if someone experiences a “bad trip” at Rythmia
- Rythmia is the only medically licensed facility using plant medicines in the world (but, hopefully, not for long)
Topics Discussed With Gerard:
- Why plant medicines are so effective as a form of rehab for addicts
- How Gerry became a self-described “world-class ass hole” before hitting rock bottom – and how plant medicine helped him change the way he experienced life
- The shaman who changed Gerry’s life
- Sometimes endless money just gives you an endless supply of things to kill yourself with
- Gerry’s conversations with the moon (yes, that moon) & what the moon has to teach us about healing ourselves
- Surrendering to the plant medicine & receiving awareness in return
- The spiritual mentors and thought leaders that are drawn to and endorse Rythmia
- Why they chose to use Ayahuascha at Rythmia, although Gerry first used Iboga
- How Gerry integrates the lessons he learned from the Moon into his life, every single day
Watch: "The Reality of Truth"
Sh*t the Moon Said: A Story of Sex, Drugs, and Ayahuasca by Gerard Powell
Michael Beckwith: https://agapelive.com/
Rev. Kathleen McNamara: https://agapelive.com/pages/practitioner-core
The Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
JOIN THE EVOLUTION!
This Show is Brought to You By:
Beekeeper’s Naturals. Superfoods from the hive - amazing! Beekeeper’s Naturals brings you the highest quality products from the hive and nurture a greater awareness for saving our bees! That is why their all-natural health-boosting products are made with the purest ingredients from sustainable apiaries full of healthy bees. Each of their products has been rigorously tested to meet the highest potency standards. Use code “LIFESTYLIST” for 15% off at http://bit.ly/2GgJRPO.
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink. Now featuring a slew of brand new super chronic, super food & herbal blends! Check out the green coffee bean extract, the brain stack, the sleep stack, the matcha tea with Lion’s Mane, and the new coffee + mushroom infused mixes! Use code “thelifestylist” for 15% off at http://www.foursigmatic.com/thelifestylist.
BLUBLOX. Studies have clearly shown that blue and green light up to 550nm is a potent suppressor of melatonin, but the Sleep+ lenses in BLUblox glasses are the most effective blue and green light blockers for after dark use, proven to block 100% of the light in this range. BLUblox offers free global shipping everywhere, and they do prescription glasses, reading glasses, and non-prescription glasses for a tremendous value. Use code LIFESTYLIST for 15% off at https://www.BLUblox.com.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)