Are you interested in spirituality, yoga, and new age philosophy, but are concerned that you'll lose your edge, end up living a sexless, monastic life in a cave? Or perhaps you have avoided exploring the metaphysical side of life because you think that everyone in that scene is a flakey woo-woo nut job?
In this episode, I sit down with Desiree Pais, one of NYC's favorite Kundalini yoga teachers and thought leaders on the local scene. And guess what? She lives a conscious, spiritually-centered life but still creates great art, loves boys, Instagram, fashion, rap music, and (almost) ever other earthly pleasure just like the rest of us ordinary folk.
We talked about so many random, yet fascinating topics that I struggle to write an adequate description of this episode. In the interest of simplicity, I'll tease some of the general territories we covered: Enjoying material success and possessions without letting them possess you, overcoming your ego by doing embarrassing shit, curing acne with Chinese medicine, how being a raw vegan almost killed her, why cockroaches are a superfood in some Taoist traditions, the power of mantras, and how to get over feeling awkward when you sing them.
The overall takeaway from this raw and intimate talk with Desiree is that you can live a healthy, spiritual life in the big city, yet have fun, thrive, and continue to pursue your enlightenment at the same time. Desiree proves that you can fully immerse yourself in the spirit world while keeping your two designer-clad feet firmly planted on the ground. As long as you keep a sense of humor about it all, you can help other seekers on the path do the same along the way.
Please pass this episode along to someone you know who could use a little spiritual boost, but needs that boost powered by down-to-earth realness.
To your path,
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
EARTH RUNNERS. Minimalist earthing sandals. If you follow me on IG you know that I wear these 95% of the time. Yes, even to parties in Hollywood. They look really dope and improve your biomechanics and the way you walk. But what’s even cooler is that they are grounded via a conductive thread on the straps and a copper plug on the bottom. You’ve been listening to my shows and know how crucial that is. You can watch testing videos with a voltmeter, showing the effect of the sandals in an EMF field. Also featuring a hemp footbed.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON TODAY'S EPISODE:
- How she cured herself of cystic acne, depression, eating disorder and even low self-esteem using Chinese medicine, yoga, and mind control
- How she uses kundalini yoga kriyas, sexual energy, and rap music to build her confidence
- The dangers of self-obsession
- Overcoming your own ego and self-consciousness by doing embarrassing shit
- How to be a yogi and not lose your edge
- How meditation feeds creativity
- The hidden inspiration behind high fashion
- How becoming a raw vegan destroyed her health, and how hard it is for some people to digest raw food
- Why cockroaches are considered a superfood to some Taoist masters
- How what you wear effects your mood and energy, and the value of high fashion as art
- Overcoming attachments to materialism
- The theory behind the chakra system, and how the first three relate to and control your primary instincts
- The power of singing mantras, and how rough it is when the mantras are sung in English
- Overcoming the awkwardness of dancing in yoga class
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Episode #12: Tej Khalsa: Kundalini Yoga - God's Technology
- Episode #20: Mas Vidal: Ayurveda and Yoga as a Way of Life
- Episode #66: Russell Simmons: From Hip Hop Mogul To Yoga Master
- Episode #89: Abbie Galvin: Katonah: The Most Powerful Yoga You’ve Never Heard Of
- Episode #90: JP Sears: I Am Your Guru. How To Be Ultra Spiritual & Humbly Superior
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith