Do you meditate? Or do you think meditation is the privilege and skill of bearded yogis nestled deep in the Himalayas? Do you say you're 'too busy' to meditate, or that it's 'too hard'?
It’s true. Meditation can be hard, without the proper training and support. And if you happen to live in a city, you're in an especially tough position: The stress of urban life basically makes meditation crucial for survival (and happiness) but at the same time, the tempo of city living often makes it impossible to find the time or place to give your practice the dedication it deserves.
This is exactly where our guest Ellie Burrows comes in. She is not only an avid meditator, but also lives in New York City. Through her business MNDFL, she's made it not only possible- but easy- for frenzied city dwellers to find the solace of meditation amongst the honking horns and ground-shaking trash trucks.
Part of a new, conscious-minded school of entrepreneurs, Ellie has created an urban spiritual oasis, and as a result, has helped inspire a quickly growing network and community of spiritually oriented businesses in The Big Apple.
In this fun, and enlightening conversation Ellie shares her personal story of spiritual discovery, the challenges of creating MNDFL, and her vision of making meditation a regular part of life for the average person who has no intention of renouncing civilization in favor of a luxury deprived, monastic existence.
For the sake of humanity (and the sanity of our nations cities) please share this episode with a meditator or mindful entrepreneur you know.
To your peace,
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation. Only 5 spots available.
This Show is Brought to You By:
EARTH RUNNERS. Minimalist earthing sandals. If you follow me on IG you know that I wear these 95% of the time. Yes, even to parties in Hollywood. They look really dope and improve your biomechanics and the way you walk. But what’s even cooler is that they are grounded via a conductive thread on the straps and a copper plug on the bottom. You’ve been listening to my shows and know how crucial that is. You can watch testing videos with a voltmeter, showing the effect of the sandals in an EMF field. Also featuring a hemp footbed.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON TODAY'S EPISODE:
- How Ellie left a career in film to pursue her spiritual path
- The journey of how her business MNDFL meditation came to be, and how she learned to connect consciousness to her career
- The current state of affairs in New York city's spiritual community, and the positive effects meditations centers like MNDFL are having on the city
- The importance of re-branding spiritually centered businesses to appeal to a more broad audience
- How meditation drop in centers encourage user consistency, and overcoming the challenges of keeping up a meditation practice
- Seeing the benefits of meditation, and the consequences of losing your practice
- Facing the reality that being spiritually committed is anything but stardust and moonbeams; it gets uncomfortable
- The importance of facing your demons, and walking through the many dark nights of the soul
- Spiritual first-aid kit: the two most powerful tools for overcoming emotional pain
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Episode #5: Emily Fletcher: Meditation Made Easy
- Episode #12: Tej Khalsa: Kundalini Yoga - God's Technology
- Episode #20: Mas Vidal: Ayurveda and Yoga as a Way of Life
- Episode #37: Guru Jagat: The New Age of Ancient Wisdom
- Episode #31: John Wineland: What Men Crave & What Women Want
- Episode #66: Russell Simmons: From Hip Hop Mogul To Yoga Master
- Episode #85: John Wineland: Six Pillars Of Sexual & Spiritual Intimacy
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith