What motivates you? If you're like most people it's one of two things:
A) The avoidance of pain
B) The pursuit of pleasure
This unique double-interview, narrative format show was motivated by the former. Pain. Lots of pain, for a long, long time- mostly in my lower back and right hip.
It all started 25 years ago when I injured my hip drunk-hiking in Angeles National Forest. I used to pack booze into the woods with my homies, get hammered, then try to find our way back out. It was the best of times, and well, you know the rest of the line.
At any rate, rather than having my hip looked at by an actual doctor, I had my pot dealing, boarding house manager Bob (who was incidentally, a spitting image of Steven Seagal) knock my displaced hip back into the socket with a giant rubber mallet.
Suffice to say, that method of medical treatment was not only ineffective but left my hip injured, which eventually put a strain on my S.I. joint. Add to that initial injury 15 more years of hauling massive musical equipment around the world while playing in rock bands (mostly also done while intoxicated), and you've got me at the current age of 47 years old, in fairly constant back pain.
Over the past 21 years that I've been into alternative health, biohacking and all ways and means by which to heal your body, mind, and soul, I've tried anything and everything I've ever heard of to improve my back and put an end to the nagging pain. The list is far too long to include here, but I'd dare say that I've tried just about anything that you can think of to fix it, short of straight-up surgery.
While I have had moments of reprieve here and there through the application of various modalities, nothing has ever really helped in a meaningful way.
Over the years, however, I have heard over and over again about the healing power of stem cell therapy, and have met many owners of injured, painful human bodies who have experienced nothing short of miraculous healing experiences using this increasingly popular natural-medicine intervention.
Due to this fact, I've had the words 'Stem Cell Treatment' on my yearly vision boards and journals, in hopes that someday I would be so situated as to try this emerging technology on my back.
Well, as fate would have it finally in February 2018, the stars finally aligned and I was able to travel to beautiful Park City Utah to undergo dual treatment under the care of doctors Harry Adelson and Amy Killen at Docere Clinics.
Dr. Harry worked his magic on my lower back, hip, spine, and shoulder, while Dr. Amy focused her injections on my face, scalp, and penis. Yes, you read that correctly. Why would I have them put there? You'll have to listen to this episode to find out.
This extraordinary show follows my entire journey from LA to Utah, in cars, on the airplane, to a local hot spring, and right into the operating room where the two interviews took place, mere moments before I went under anesthesia and underwent the procedure.
This will no doubt be a trip you won't forget as you ride co-pilot along with me on my latest experiment to find the ultimate solution to this long-standing physical challenge.
If you know anyone with persistent pain, or someone who's looking for safe alternatives to anti-aging and sexual optimization therapies, please do them a favor and share this episode with them now.
Here's to new discoveries in health and healing,
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
A full report of my journey from LA to Utah:
- At the airport
- On the plane
- Off the plane and reporting from Uber
- At the secret hot springs with podcast listener Kia Sorensen, how she became a listener and her 3 top recommendations for keeping healthy, spiritually and emotionally centered
- The day after arrival, and off to Docere Clinic
Interview with Dr. Harry Adelson
- The ABCs of stem cells, and how it's the body’s own natural drugstore
- What’s the deal with FDA’s paranoia?
- The risks involved with stem cell therapy
- The conditions most often improved with this type of therapy
- “A busy doctor means a bad doctor”: Dr. Harry’s no-repeat business model
- Aftercare therapy, and the importance of bodywork, mobility and healthy lifestyle changes
- Neurodegenerative diseases and how injections into the brain work towards cell growth factor
- Other fringing benefits of stem cell therapy
- The difference between fat-derived cells and bone marrow cells
- PRP therapy explained
- Autologous Vs. Allogeneic: Understanding the derivatives of stem cells, where they come from if not from your body, and the U.S. regulations around it
- What's with the tourism factor when it comes to stem cell therapy, and how the U.S. differs from international approach
- What are exosomes, and how they are made
- Umbilical cord storage
- Cross-species stem cells: are they still a thing?
- Step-by-step walkthrough of my treatment today
- Lifestyle recommendations
Interview with Dr. Amy Killen:
- More on what is PRP therapy, and how it differs from stem cells
- What happens when you inject stem cells into a man’s "unit", and why I’m having her do it to me
- The fact that 40% of women suffer some form of sexual disfunction
- The O-Shot and why she injects stem cells and PRP into vaginas, and why she has not administered that treatment to herself
- How the O-Shot improves the power and duration of female orgasms
- The secrets of the vampire breast lift
- How hormone function affects your sexual health
- What are bio-identical hormones, and are they really natural?
- How diet affects hormones, and the #1 food ingredient that kills men’s testosterone levels
- Is having too much iron in the body bad for men? And how to get rid of it
- The benefits of rubbing testosterone into your genitals, for men and women
- What’s the purpose of this P-Shot I’m getting, and where exactly she’ll be injecting my private parts with stem cells
- The secret cure to premature ejaculations that you can order on Amazon under $20
- The power of GAINSWave treatment for erectile disfunction
- Are erection drugs safe? And what are the side effects?
- How she convinced her husband to be her guinea pig for some of her experimental therapies
- What causes hair loss, and how to fix it with stem cells
- How to use stem cells and PRP to get a non-surgical facelift, and how she’s going to inject my face and scalp
- What happens when airpot security catches you with a penis pump
- Lifestyle recommendations
Real time report of my post-treatment journey:
- The day after and tech used to speed up healing
- Back to LA and full recovery mode
- A run down of my entire biohacking recovery therapy
- 5-weeks later report
- Dr. Christopher Duma
- Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life, Book by Emily Nagoski
All my travel & recovery therapy biochaking references:
- Amber light bulbs
- Compression socks
- Earth Pulse PEMF
- Grounding sheet
- Human charger
- Hydrogen inhaler
- Ionizer travel necklace
- Laser therapy
- Liposomal ultra therapy
- Molecular hydrogen tabs
- Oxygen-boosting travel canister
- Omega-3 DHA
- Oura Ring
- Performance numbing spray
- Sota bood purifier
- Unfair Advantage
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
Health IQ. All your hard work as a health-conscious, biohacker can now payoff in deep savings on your life insurance. Health IQ offers exclusive discounts based on your lifestyle and level of health, so if you're a runner, cyclist, yogi, triathlete, vegan... here's the payoff. Also try their online quiz at healthiq.com/quiz and see how well you score!
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink. Now featuring a slew of brand new super chronic, super food & herbal blends! Check out the the green coffee bean extract, the brain stack, the sleep stack, the matcha tea with Lion’s Mane, and the new coffee + mushroom infused mixes!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
Warning: This video contains medically graphic footage of a surgical procedure. Adults who can tolerate some blood and needles only
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith