This episode is a tribute to our guest, the late Psalm Isadora, who tragically took her own life March 26th, 2017, a mere 45 days after the date of this recording.
Psalm was a teacher, author, and speaker who taught sexual healing through workshops, videos, documentaries, and training.
This show, as well as the majority of her life's work, was based on recovering from trauma and shame through the exploration and expression of our sexuality.
During the interview she spoke candidly about her own childhood sexual abuse, and her lifelong struggles with depression, as well as with drugs and alcohol. These are issues with which I have had so much personal experience, that this discussion has had a lasting impact on me since the time of the recording.
Looking back now, just over a month after her passing it's more clear to me now than ever how important it is for us as a culture to embrace and openly discuss our common issues with shame and sexuality, and to support one another in overcoming the sense of isolation that so often accompanies these common aspects of human life. Through courageously exploring our inner demons, and seeking to better understand ourselves and those around us, we stand a much better chance of overcoming the trauma and shame that is holding so many of us back from living a life of harmony, happiness, fulfillment, and lasting intimacy with our chosen partners.
This was the crux of Psalms' message. May this episode serve as a continuation of her life's work, and an inspiration to the thousands of fans and students she left behind.
With deep reverence, I offer my prayers and blessings to Psalm, and her friends and family. May god rest her soul.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- How being a sex coach became her life's work and mission
- Growing up in a religious commune, and the mixed messages around sexually which led to sexual abuse, shame, guilt, trauma
- Hitting rock bottom, depression, anxiety, facing traumas and taking responsibility for her healing process
- Prayer and faith: how she turned her experience into a business
- Using sexuality as a tool to overcome shame and trauma from sex
- Women, orgasm and giving themselves permission to feel pleasure
- How a 53-year old had her first orgasm under Psalm's coaching, and how her life and creativity blossomed as consequence
- Women are the Shakti of sexual energy and are built to have multiple orgasms
- The ease of access to pornography through technology, and the influence on younger generations
- Beyond anatomy: sex education and expression breeds empowered men and women
- Tantric sex explained
- Achieving multiple, full body orgasms: edging technique for men, Oyoga inhale for women
- Power vs. seduction: women owning their body, self worth, and channeling their Shakti
- Who's more afraid of sexual intimacy, men or women?
- Psalm's view on male orgasm and semen retention
- Transmutation of sexual energy for business and creativity success
- As men age, are they less able to have sex without emotional commitment?
- White Tantra vs. red Tantra
- Her approach to group sex
- Mindfulness, radical honesty and open communication: keys to healthy sexuality
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Think And Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
COACHING WITH LUKE
You asked, here it is! Customized lifestyle recommendations via phone or Skype with yours truly.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith