Does your brain work as well as you'd like it to? How's your memory, ability to focus, and access to creative thought? If you could take supplements and herbs to upgrade your mental performance, and elevate your mood would you? If so, how would you know what to consume, how much of it, and what's safe vs. risky?
In this episode, I sit for a chat with Abelard Lindsey, one of the living legends in the nootropic and smart drug scene. He was one of the industry forerunners and is widely regarded as a master formulator of nootropic 'stacks' (recipes). His crown jewel stack, Ciltep is one of the most popular brain supplements in the world, and one that I've regularly used personally for the past three years. Along with Ciltep, Abelard has also created some other powerful formulations under the Natural Stacks product line umbrella.
After listening to this show, you'll not only learn how Abelard came up with his now famous Ciltep formula, but you'll also get to the root of the science behind the multitudes of ingredients commonly used in nootropic stacks, and some of the most common side-effects and benefits.
Whether you're a veteran of brain upgrade experimentation, or someone brand-new to the practice of mental performance manipulation, this episode will fast-track your strategy and help you to avoid wasting time and money on products that don't work.
Do some mental exercise right now, by thinking of one person who could use some brain enhancement and share this compelling episode with them.
To your smarts,
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
FOUR SIGMATIC. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink.
ORGANIFI. This product has changed the green juice game for me. A green powdered superfood that comes in portable packets perfect for travel, keeping in your car or bag. On-demand instant green juice that is alkalizing, energizing and gives you mental clarity. What else is so special about it? Zero glycemic index & comes with all 11 most important superfoods: turmeric, chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina, mint, moringa, ashwagandha, lemon, beets, coconut, matcha green tea. Awesome stuff!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- The advantage of getting to try all the biohacking tech at the Bulletproof Conference
- The invention of Ciltep, one of the most popular nootropics on the planet, which can be found on my webstore luke storey.com/store, along with every other supplement and product I recommend and use myself
- The role Tim Ferris and Dave Asprey played in making smart drugs popular
- An insanely in-depth exploration into the most popular ingredients in smart drugs
- How Nootropics influence your mood, social interactions, focus, attention span and memory
- How he used smart drugs to become an expert on smart drugs, and eventually produce them
- The power of Nootropics in protecting the brain from age related cognitive degeneration
- How to avoid compounds with side effects
- How one of the worlds top poker players used Ciltep to win 10 million dollars in a competition
- The reason plant extracts become more powerful when they are logically stacked and combined
- How some Nootropics makes you anti social, yet productive
- The benefits and risks of other smart drugs like racetams, phenibut, and modafinil
- The best nootropic to use to cut down or stop enjoying alcohol altogether
- How Nootropics effect neurotransmitters and make you happy
- The law of diminishing returns of megadosing
- How theanine balances out caffeine
- The influence of Steven Fowlkes, the godfather of smart drugs
- My top recommended supplement for sleep, and how to maximize its effects by adding collagen
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #4: Evan Brand: The Zen of Stress
- Episode #26: Dave Asprey: Becoming Bulletproof
- Episode #27: Ryan Munsey: Becoming A Civilized Beast
- Episode #75: Dr. Jack Kruse: The Toxic Lighting Crisis And How To Fix It, Part One
- Episode #76: Dr. Jack Kruse: The Toxic Lighting Crisis And How To Fix It, Part Two
- Episode #81: Evan Brand: The Biohackers Bible, Part One
- Episode #82: Evan Brand: The Biohackers Bible, Part Two
- Episode #92: Brainiac: The Ultimate Guide To Smart Drugs and Nootropics
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith