In this episode, our guest Aubrey Marcus lays out his powerfully effective lifestyle design philosophy. As a modern-day mystic, athlete, CEO of Onnit, and general purveyor of conscious badassery, Aubrey has gained legions of fans via his podcast and latest book Own The Day, Own Your Life.
In this episode, you'll learn about his innovative approach to entrepreneurship, spiritual pursuit, fitness, health, and even sex. What makes Aubrey's message so inspiring is his down to earth, authentic attitude. Anyone who can weave pornography, Ayahuasca journeys and god into one seamless conversation deserves a thorough listen on The Life Stylist Podcast.
If you're someone who's looking to optimize your complete human experience, and overall performance, this episode will not disappoint.
Don't forget to share this show with someone you know who could use some kick-ass inspiration.
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON THIS EPISODE:
- What motivated him to take on the commitment of personal growth and development in the first place
- How he funded his company Onnit, and the broad philosophy around it
- Why creating a movement is more important than creating a business
- What is his morning routine and how he generates the power to achieve greatness in life
- Rebounding and why he’s made that a part of his daily practice
- Why he recommends a high fat, high fiber, low sugar diet
- How fat is needed for proper hormone production
- The top 5 foods to avoid, and how to find the hidden toxins in your diet
- Walking the fine line between keeping a clean diet and being a control freak
- How he creates a zen productivity station in his office, and his surprising secret weapon
- The importance of proper office posture
- The secret to creating a healthy company culture at Onnit, and how that supports their bottom line
- Why he personally does the firing as CEO rather than outsourcing it
- Onnit’s hiring philosophy
- How he manages productivity and dealing with overwhelm
- The importance of sex and creating a healthy lifestyle
- The downside of pornography, and the benefit of making your own
- Why he feels naps are crucial to our sleep schedule
- The power of human connections, and which one of those connections connections is most important
- What he’s learned from his 17 Ayahuasca journeys, and the risk and the benefits involved in that practice
- How to avoid fake jungle shamans
- The story of the time he OD’d on Kambo frog poison
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Rebounder by Bellicon (Use this link and receive an automatic 5% off)
- Own The Day, Own Your Life, Book by Aubrey Marcus
- Sleep: The Myth of 8 Hours, the Power of Naps, and the New Plan to Recharge Your Body and Mind, Book by Nick Littlehales
- Binaural Beats
- Aubrey Marcus Plant Medicine Journey FAQ
- Mastery of Love, Book by Don Miguel Ruiz
- A New Earth, Book by Eckhart Tolle
- Island, Book by Aldous Huxley
- Aubrey's IG
Join the tribe on our Facebook Group. Ask away!
MY 90-DAY LIFESTYLE DESIGN COACHING PROGRAM
Your opportunity to work with me one-on-one. Upgrade your life through my proven system of revolutionary mental, physical and emotional transformation.
This Show is Brought to You By:
Athletic Greens. 11 supplements in 1! As someone who’s been into superfoods, and supplementation for over 25 years, I’ve seen many a trend come and go. One of those trends is green powder blends. Having tried many of them, and left most of them behind, one I’ve decided to stick with is Athletic Greens. The attention to detail in the ingredient deck and the careful sourcing of those ingredients is really impressive. The inclusion of not only the broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals is fantastic, but also the enzymes and probiotics necessary to fully assimilate those nutrients. Add to that the convenience factor, and the elimination of the need to travel with 20 bottles of supplements, and you’ve got a home run even for the most discerning health connoisseur. If you’re looking for fast acting energy, alkalinity, and nutrient density, Athletic Greens is a home run. Get 20 FREE travel packs valued at $99 with your first purchase.
Four Sigmatic. Melt away stress, boost immunity, relax & sleep deeper, improve productivity, increase brain power, get stimulation without jitters. Sound like all the good stuff you want? Welcome to the medicinal fungi kingdom with Four Sigmatic's highest quality mushroom & herbs in little packets of magical power that you can add to your coffee or warm drink. Now featuring a slew of brand new super chronic, super food & herbal blends! Check out the the green coffee bean extract, the brain stack, the sleep stack, the matcha tea with Lion’s Mane, and the new coffee + mushroom infused mixes! Use coupon "thelifestylist" for 15% off
ALTERRA PURE. This show is all about optimizing your lifestyle, and part of that is optimizing your sleep environment. I’m super stoked about the new bedding company Alterra Pure. Insane high quality, truly organic, pesticide-free, non-GMO cotton sheets and bedding. A lot of stuff in the market is actually pretty fake. I’ve done a lot of research into it. Alterra Pure is legit, I’m using them on my bed, they are insanely high quality. What’s also great about this company is that they support the environment, social sustainability and are absolutely transparent. 15% OFF when you use coupon code LIFESTYLIST at checkout.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- Episode 26: Dave Asprey: Becoming Bulletproof
- Episode 27: Ryan Munsey: Becoming A Civilized Beast
- Episode 41: Katy Bowman: Nutritious Movement: The Anti-Workout
- Episode 103: Myth-busting The Biggest Fads And Fails In Fitness With Mind Pump
- Episode 118: Daniel Schmachtenberger: Supercharge Your Mind With Neurohacker Collective
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show production: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith