Have you noticed that grass-fed beef and bone broth are the hot new ‘superfoods’ in on the health and wellness scene? It seems like every food blogger is jumping on the broth bandwagon lately, which is a positive sign, and a vast improvement over many of the ‘new’ food trends that later turned out to be founded on bogus science (AKA ‘fat is bad for you’). Has it ever occurred to you, however, that these animal foods are not new in any way whatsoever?
Before the advent of modern agriculture, industrial and factory farming, all cows ate grass. That’s what cows are designed to eat, and before greedy humans figured out how to maximize profits by feeding them an unnatural diet of corn and soy, that’s all cows ever ate.
So what about this new craze called ‘bone broth’? Well, it turns out that human beings have been boiling the bones of animals to extract the vital nutrients inside since people discovered fire and pots. Long before these life-supporting animal foods became trendy, they were both staples of the hunter-gatherer diet. They have been consumed the world over for eons, and that my friend, has a lot to do with why you’re alive right now to read this. Bone broth is one of the most nutritious, healing foods on the planet. Its benefits are too numerous to mention here, but are all, of course, included in the show.
In this episode with Greg Bernett from Arizona Grass Raised beef, we explore his companies’ tireless mission to change the cattle ranching industry and to set the standard for sustainable, cruelty-free, environmentally conscious methods of producing the best beef and bone broth in the world.
You will learn many of the dirty little secrets of how animals are raised and treated in the US food system, and why so many of the methods used are not only bad for us, but also dangerous to the animals. You’ll also walk away with the inside scoop on the many sneaky labeling practices in use today, and how to avoid being scammed by phony ‘organic’ and ‘grass-fed’ food labels.
If you care about what goes into your body, and the well-being and respect of our land and animals this is an episode you can’t afford to miss. Please take a moment to share this info bomb with someone you love, who also enjoys learning about healthy food.
Praise the graze!
This Show is Brought to You by
aRIZONA GRASS RAISED BEEF CO. BEST BONE BROTH. EVER. MADE WITH ORGANIC, GRASS-FED AND GRASS-FINISHED BEEF. THIS COMPANY IS THE LEGIT DEAL FOLKS! THEY ARE EXTREMELY ETHICAL, ALLOW THEIR CATTLE TO FREE-RANGE THEIR WHOLE LIFE, HUMANLY PROCESSES THEM ON SITE, AND USES THEIR USDA-CERTIFIED KITCHEN TO PREPARE THIS EXCEPTIONAL BROTH. THE ANIMAL NEVER LEAVES THEIR TURF. ONE-OF-A-KIND BOUTIQUE SERVICE. HASSLE-FREE ONLINE SINGLE ORDERS OR MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE HERE.
Check out my Baddass Bone Broth Video & Recipe
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Easy options via Paypal, Credit Card and Patreon (earn rewards!)
- From start to finish: cattle ranching and boutique USDA plant
- How to farm humanly and follow the laws of nature
- The old school way: cattle gets to be cattle, free range, free roam, forage for their own food, rain water for drink, breeding happens naturally
- Why treating animals humanly is good for business
- Why does grass-fed beef taste so much better
- The business of beef in the U.S.
- The environmental impact and why raising cattle naturally is actually good for the environment
- Why natural grass is better than hey and alfalfa
- Grass-fed and grass-finished defined
- Rules of labeling: how it works and can you trust labels like organic & grass-fed
- The humane slaughter process
- Full spectrum bone broth and why using the whole animal makes for the best broth
- A few of the phenomenal health benefit claims of bone broth
- Making your own bone broth? What to look out for, from cookware to water quality
CONNECT WITH GREG AT ARIZONA GRASS-FED BEEF
SHOP RELATED PRODUCTS
- Episode #2: Daniel Vitalis: Farming and the Fall of Man
- Episode #3: Dr. Jack Kruse: Surviving the City with Spiritual Science
- Episode #4: Evan Brand: The Zen of Stress
- Episode #6: Nadine Artemis: The Great Sunshine Swindle
- Episode #14: Igor Milevskiy: What’s in Your Water
- Episode #22: David Wolfe: A Gypsy is Born: The Mystical Life of a Health Guru
- Episode #26: Dave Asprey: Becoming Bulletproof
- Episode #29: The Jingslingers: Hacking Health Food
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Intro music: Jeordie White
Show notes: Tatiana Melo
Sound editing: Dustin Smith